Idea Pitching

For the final installment of the semester of ideation, I will be pitching my chosen Idea to a board of "Investors" who will critique the idea and give it an overall "Yay" or "Nay." The final idea will not be chosen at random, it will be selected by use of a Pugh chart and a set of criteria to determine which idea is the most feasible as a product.

To start the Pugh chart, I decided to put all five of the ideas selected from the last assignment. They are Non-Stick Paint, Serrated Links, Bicycle Tire Chains, Snowmobike, and Screw-On Traction Aids. These ideas were crossed with seven criteria, which are: Is there a market for the product? Is the product feasible to engineer? Is the idea novel? Is there a need for the product? Is the potential price of the product feasible? Is the product easy to use? Can the product be applied to other markets than the one intended? The criteria were evaluated with a -, o, and +. o is the "standard," or "same." "-" is less feasible or applicable and "+" is more applicable.

criteria.jpg
pugh-1.jpg
Pugh Chart

The product that I decided on is the "Snowmobike" idea! There are many reasons for this decision. First, it is the most novel of my final ideas, and that makes it fun. Second, the engineering behind making this I believe would be feasible. Lastly, my given theme was Winter Travel, and a snowmobike opens up a whole new set of travel options! It could be used recreationally, for daily errands, exercise, and even commuting!

Next I had to come up with a name for the potential product. After thinking for awhile on this, I decided on "Yeti." As a Yeti is a fictional creature that walks the snowy forests, I thought the name fit.

names.jpg
Product Name Brainstorming

The final task is to create a 30 second pitch to attempt to "sell" the idea to a board of investors and fellow designers. Some key points of the presentation will be on the novelty of the product, the features of the product, and the applications of the product.

Movie Recording 8.mov

Idea Evaluations

In this exciting installment of Product Design with Cody Johnson, you will learn about Idea Evaluations! Evaluating ideas by polling potential buyers is valuable to designers because it provides as close to real-world market data as possible to determine if a potential product is feasible to market, and what that market would be.

To test my ten chosen ideas from the prior post, I created a photo album on Facebook and asked people to like the five ideas that they would be most likely to buy, and how much they would pay for them. While I received many "Likes," noone left comments as to how much they would be willing to pay for them, which was disappointing. The results of the poll are listed below, and for visual reference please scroll to the bottom of the prior blog entry to see the 10 chosen ideas.

FACEBOOK POLL

Center Chain: 1

Add-On Treads: 1

Screw-On Traction Aid: 2

Snowmobike: 3

Non-Stick Paint: 4

Snowcone Maker: 1

Bicycle Tire Chains: 3

Serrated Links: 4

Snowmobile Carbides: 0

Paddles and Blades: 0

Top 5

Based on my market survey, the top five ideas I will be focusing on are Non-Stick Paint, Serrated Links, Bicycle Tire Chains, Snowmobike, and the Screw-On Traction Aid.

Benchmarking

The next step in the process is benchmarking. To "Benchmark" a product, existing products are researched and prices and key features are recorded.

Non-Stick Paint
The purpose behind the "Non-Stick Paint" would be to create a surface that resists buildup of not just snow, but ice, dirt, mud, and grime. There are a few products on the market that would accomplish this task, but they are temporary. these include various wax and oil based sprays and wipes that diminish in effectiveness shortly after being applied, depending on conditions. The closest existing product to the idea is a Teflon spray called "Clean Machine." It is designed to be sprayed onto lawnmowers and farm equipment to resist dirt buildup and is clear when applied. It is available in a 10 oz. spray can for about $14.

product_7215_500.jpg

Clean Machine
http://www.snowblowersdirect.com/Images/Meteor-130/i7215.html

Ideally the "Non-Stick Paint" product would be a colored paint that would be applied commercially as a finish coat to automobiles, bicycles, and any other item that has a problem with buildup of debris. The main problem with executing this idea would be to find a substance that repels buildup of material, can be colored, and can be applied to a variety of metal and plastic surfaces.

Serrated Links
The serrated links was as popular of an idea as the Non-Stick Paint. This products purpose is to increase traction of vehicles that already use snowchains in winter by utilizing a serrated or spiked chain link, instead of the standard smooth chains and cables. this would allow the chain to grip icy surfaces better as it could actually penetrate the surface of the ice layer. The closest existing products are snowchains and cables that range from $29.99 - $139.99. These traction aids are available in a wide variety of configurations and materials. Some of the pricier sets are available with carbide studs.

519dnpR72+L.jpg
Snow Chain
http://www.amazon.com/Thule-Quality-Passenger-Chain-097/dp/B000UNKGH4

The main difficulty in creating the Serrated Links product would be to make a set of traction aids that are at a lower price that more people could afford, about $40 for a set of 2, and to create a solid chain link with serrated edges that wouldn't wear out the tire prematurely.

Bicycle Tire Chains
Bicycle Tire Chains would be a product that is basically a snow chain that can be installed on bicycle wheels for greater traction. There are currently very few of these on the market, but there are plenty of DIY tutorial sites that guide readers to making their own set from simple parts from a hardware store. The best currently on the market is a product called Slipnot. They are currently available in a range of sizes and are priced from $84.99 - $104.99.

slipnotproductimgfinal_1_1_1.jpg

Slipnot Traction Aid
http://www.slipnottraction.com/bike-tire-chains/sts-mountain-bike-tire-chains-large.html

The main complication with this product, both from research and personal experience, is that the chain system is made of low quality materials, detaches from the wheel while pedaling, and drastically increases the rolling resistance of the wheel. I think it would be easy to create a traction system that costs less than the Slipnot, as it is basically the same as a low quality automotive traction aid for a much higher price.

Snowmobike
The idea behind the snowmobike is to create a machine that uses a pedaling system, like a bicycle, to power a track system similar to a snowmobile. The machine would be set up much like a tricycle to aid in stability and allow for cargo capacity. It would be primarily for running errands and commuting during winter months in areas of heavy snowfall. There is currently one product similar to this on the market. It is a KTRAK conversion kit. It is available for $450 dollars and is a kit to convert the rear wheel of a bicycle into a track and install a ski for a front wheel. This kit was originally intended to be used on downhill ski slopes in winter.

517059236_305.jpg

KTRAK Conversion Kit
http://www.morcmtb.org/forums/showthread.php?43470-Snow-track-conversion-kit

The main difficulties with the "Snowmobike" product would be to create a track system that is easily maintainable and does not create too much rolling resistance to pedal. While the KTRAK is a conversion kit, the Snowmobike would be sold as a complete bicycle and would most likely be sold around $3000. It would replace an individuals need for a car in the winter, and the price point is similar to Fat Bikes currently on the market that people are currently buying to commute in deep snow.

Screw-On Traction Aid
The Screw-On Traction Aid would be a product that could be attached to the existing wheel of a vehicle, covering the existing traction surface. This would allow any consumer to easily instal the product, as the existing wheel would not need to be removed. The closest thing to this idea currently on the market is the Spikes Spider, which is available for $565. It is installed using the lug nuts that hold on the wheel. the product is installed by removing the lug nuts and placing the product over the bolts. the lug nuts are then replaced, sandwiching the product between the wheel and the nuts and securing it firmly to the vehicle.

81LqRUjBcAL._SL1500_.jpg

Spikes Spider
http://www.amazon.com/Spikes-Spider-17-321-Compact-Series-Traction/dp/B004BWRU7E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386209161&sr=8-1&keywords=spikes+spider

The main difficulty in creating this product would be to accommodate for tire clearances in the wheel well of the vehicle, and to ensure that the product does not interfere with the operation of the vehicle. Using similar materials and securing methods, I think this product could be manufactured and marketed at a price between $400 and $700. Consumers would be willing to pay this price as the traction aid would allow them to retain their current tires, instead of buying a new set for winter. it would also be very durable and able to last multiple driving seasons, outlasting a standard set of winter tires.

Structured Development

This weeks installment of idea generation is brought to you by the word, "SCAMPER!" SCAMPER is a useful word when it is broken down to it's seven letters. Applying each letter will yield different results and bring wondrous new ideas to your paper!

Ok, really, SCAMPER is indeed a word made up of the first letter of 7 other words. Substitute, Combine, Adapt, Magnify/Minimize, Put to other use, Eliminate, Reverse/Rearrange. These words are all applied to an existing winter product that deals with our given theme for the first part of this weeks assignment. As my theme is "winter travel," I chose traction chains as my product of inspiration. The reasoning behind this is that traction is the main concern for most people when traveling by bus, bike, or car in the winter, and traction chains are required by law in some states to aid vehicles in that regard. Some of the problems of these traction devices is that they are expensive, cause a rough ride when on open roads, lower the top speed of the vehicle, and are not widely available for bicycles yet.

Substite
When thinking about what I could substitute in for materials, or parts, of traction chains, I came up with many ideas. Rubber, or plastic, could be used for some of the links according to certain weather conditions. Serrated links could be installed, or carbide spikes could take the place of some links. These are just a few examples but the idea that won out for my purposes was serrated links. The sketch below illustrates this idea.

Serrated Links
photo 2(4).JPG

Combine
This prompt is to make one think of different things that can be combined with the chosen item. This prompt also yielded many interesting results, which include adding studs, paddles, blades, hooks, and heat pads. The idea that stuck with me, for practical reasons, was combining chains with serrated blades and paddles. Since the prompt was to combine items, why not combine ideas? The sketch below illustrates this idea more clearly.

Paddles and Blades
photo 2(6).JPG

Adapt
Adapting objects or processes to achieve a desired affect is the idea behind this prompt. Some of my ideas where to adapt snowmobile tracks to automobile drive-train systems, added weights for increase force on the ground, carbide strips from snowmobile skis, snow tire treads, and somehow using the same technology as an octopus tentacle to grab slippery roadways. The idea that seemed the most feasible to me, and is sketched below, is to use a carbide strip to use on the front wheels of a vehicle to help steer in icy conditions.

Snowmobile Carbides
photo 1(6).JPG

Magnify/Minimize
Magnifying or minimizing parts, or frequency of parts, is the M prompt. This prompt was less inspiring and only yielded increasing the number of chainstrips and making the chainstrips narrower to make the ride less bumpy on open roadways. I decided that the narrower chain was the more practical idea and is sketched below.

Narrow Chains
photo 4(4).JPG

Put to Other Use
This prompt is quite self-explanatory and yielded some interesting results. Traction chains could be installed on footwear, modified to be used on winter race vehicles, used on bicycle tires, and be made easier for people with physical disabilities to install or remove. An easily removable footwear device seemed to be the most feasible and is sketched below.

Traction Supplement
photo 3(5).JPG

Eliminate
Exterminate! Or eliminate, remove, delete. The ideas this inspired was to somehow eliminate the chain links or tensioning chains, making the device sectional, and using the negative space between chainlinks. While not essentially eliminating anything, the idea that had the most merit to me is to utilize the negative space between chains to make them feasible for operating on open roadways. Below is a sketch of the idea to clarify this.

Add-On Treads
photo 2(5).JPG

Rearrange
There really isn't much to rearrange on a traction chain, but I did manage to come up with a few ideas. These ideas included alternating the crossing pattern of the chains, a diamond shaped crossing pattern, and a center chain that runs the circumference of the wheel. The center chain I felt would decrease rolling resistance while increasing sideways traction for corners. It is sketched below for your viewing pleasure.

Center Chain
photo 3(6).JPG

Tables
Part two of this post is brought to you by "tables!" Everyone appreciates a good table! Tables are great because you can eat on them! Tables are great because you can work on them! Tables are great because you can use them as catalysts for new ideas!

The table I decided to use is a morphological table. To use this type of table, a product is selected and three or more features of the product are chosen. In this case, the product is a wheel and the features are material, rotate, and traction surface. The table is pictured below.

Morphological Table
photo 1(4).JPG

The first idea I concocted from the table was Saw Wheels. This is the combination of steel, saw blades, and spikes.

Saw Wheels
photo 4(3).JPG

Idea number two was a screw-on traction aid. This is the combination of a bottle cap, rubber, and treads. This would be an exterior set of treads that can be installed over the current set.

Screw-On Traction Aid
photo 3(4).JPG

Idea three is gear wheels. These are the combination of steel, gears, and tread, and would require a "geared" roadway surface for these wheels to lock onto and function properly.

Gear Wheels
photo 1(5).JPG

Top 10
The final part of the assignment this week was to pick out the top 10 ideas from both the Blue Sky post and the ones created for this week. To determine which ideas made the cut, I determined which ideas could actually be produced with modern technology and that people would actually buy. These wonderful ideas are listed below in no particular order.

Center Chain
photo 3(6).JPG

Add-On Treads
photo 2(5).JPG

Screw-On Traction Aid
photo 3(4).JPG

Snowmobike
photo 2(2).JPG

Non-Stick Paint
photo 4(2).JPG

Oven Paint
photo 2(3).JPG

Bicycle Tire Chain
photo 1(2).JPG

Serrated Chain
photo 2(4).JPG

Carbides
photo 1(6).JPG

Paddles and Blades
photo 2(6).JPG

Blue Sky

To start off this weeks assignment, I converted the problem statements from the last post into "How Might We..." statements. For readers who haven't seen the last post, the problem statements are:

1. Gary, a college student who drives to work after class, needs a way to increase traction during icy conditions.

2. Stephanie, a 23 year-old college student who commutes by car, needs a way to reduce ice buildup on her vehicle.

The two following statements are the "How Might We.." statements:

1. How might we improve traction for vehicles during the Minnesota winter?

2. How might we reduce ice buildup on vehicles during winter?

For the next step we were told to invent a new improvisational game to play before brainstorming. I invented... The Class Alphabet!

The Class Alphabet
To play, the first player says the name of a college course that starts with the letter "A." The next player is assigned the next letter up the alphabet and must say the name of a college course that starts with that letter. This process continues until the entire alphabet is named.

Next I had to gather some friends to take part in the brainstorming project. These friends could not be in the Idea Generation class. This proved to be much harder than anticipated as I realized to very important things; one, that I have much fewer friends within traveling distance than I thought, and the second that most people really don't like the idea of getting together to brainstorm. Luckily I got two friends to find the time for my little project. Wendy, who is a 20 year old classical guitar major at the UMN, and Kyle, who is a 24 year old fiber optic cable technician.

To begin the storming of brains, I fed our brains dark chocolate. Dark chocolate allows people to think more creatively, according to Barry's lecture.

Tasty chocolate

IMG_0086.jpg

After eating some of the chocolate, we played the College Alphabet game I made up, along with "Zip, Zap, Zop" to warm up our brains. Next we brainstormed! The ideas came slow at first as I had to repeatedly explain the sketching requirement of the brainstorming process because they had never been a part of a brainstorm session before. We were able to brainstorm for about 40 minutes, but Kyle got an important call and had to leave early. For a total we came up with 31 ideas. We had a group total of .775 Ideas Per Minute (IPM), and an individual total of .25 IPM. These totals are not accurate because Kyle did not stay for the entire session.

After we finished brainstorming, we arranged the sketches into categories. The following pictures are of the groups that we put together.

1. Vehicles
Group 1.JPG

2. Mechanical Attachments
Group 2.JPG

3. Paints
Group 3.JPG

4. Coverings
Group 4.JPG

5. Wheels and Tires
Group 5.JPG

6. Heated
Group 6.JPG

After naming the groups of all the sketches, we had to pick 5 sketches from both "How Might We.." prompts to attain a total of 10 sketched ideas to work with on a future post. Since there were only Wendy and I left in the group at this point, we just collectively decided on which were our favorite ideas by marking the sketch with a colored "X" in the corner and narrowing our results to 5 per prompt collectively. Our 10 final ideas are pictured below. The first 5 are for traction and the last five are for ice build-up.

1. Bike Tire Chains
Idea 1(2).JPG

2. Snowmobike
Idea 2(2).JPG

3. Half-Track Car
Idea 3.JPG

4. Magnetic Roads and Wheels
photo 5(1).JPG

5. Ice-Chipper Arm
Idea5.JPG

6. Non-Stick Paint
Idea6.JPG

7. Heated Bike Handlebar
Idea7.JPG

8. Snow Cone Maker
Idea8.JPG

9. Snow Repellent
Idea9.JPG

10. Oven Paint
Idea 10.JPG

PLEASE NOTE: Sorry for the few sideways pictures, but the file I uploaded from my computer is right side up and appears sideways only when displayed on this blog site.

Data and Information

This weeks entry is data and information! To acquire this data I interviewed three people I met and applied my own experience to my data collection. The interview consisted of 8 simple questions that all dealt with the theme of Winter Travel. Each of the three people were asked the same questions in the same order, and I also answered the same set of questions to provide additional data. The answers to the questions will be supplied in a numbered list below their name.

The questions are as follows:

1. What is your best experience of traveling during winter?

2. What is your worst experience traveling during winter?

3. What are your most common modes of transportation during winter?

4. How does temperature affect how you travel?

5. How do weather conditions affect how you travel?

6. What types of products do you use to aid traveling during winter?

7. What types of products have you used that do not work for winter travel?

8. What do you think would be useful to help traveling during winter?

Interview #1. Cari

1. I drove south to warmer weather! I don't mind driving in winter when the roads are clear and the temperature is a little warmer.

2. I don't like being outside when it is cold, windy, snowing, icy, or when there is a snowstorm. I also don't like driving when my heater is broken.

3. Minivan. Refuse to walk long outside.

4. Doesn't matter how cold it is, I still need to buy groceries. Travel less frequently.

5. I won't drive through snowstorms. Won't travel when conditions are severe and travel less frequently during storms.

6. Snow-tires, antifreeze windshield wash, good ice scraper/brush, jumper cables, battery warming blanket, convertible fingerless mitts, insulated shoes, electric start, heated garage, kitty litter and salt for emergency traction.

7. All season tires, bald tires, windshield wash that freezes, to-go cups always taste like husband's coffee or plastic, cumbersome boots.

8. Heated roads, portable heater.

Interview #2 Aaron

1. Anytime I don't wreck and am warm. I enjoy the winter scenery while driving.

2. Wrecking, spinning on ice, snowstorms, and anytime I can't see the road.

3. Car, walk.

4. Generally avoid cold. travel less frequently as it gets colder.

5. Drive slower and more careful as conditions worsen.

6. Snow tires, scraper, windshield wash, emergency kit, warmer clothes, snowchains, ABS brakes.

7. A dash mounted defroster that couldn't even warm hands, brass ice scrapers that wreck windshields.

8. Personal aircraft, better tires, mini plow, flamethrower, snowblower attachment, liquid de-icer, mudflaps that resist snow buildup.

Interview #3 Wendy

1. My favorite time was walking home one night while it was snowing because it was quiet and beautiful.

2. Flying in winter-flights delayed or cancelled due to snow and ice build-up and weather, dealing with security, and crowded airports during the holidays.

3. walk, bus, skyways, bicycle

4. travel less often as it becomes colder. wear heavier clothes, and avoid going outside when it is really cold.

5. Won't travel during winter storms. Going by bus is easier than walking because there is less traffic for the drivers to deal with.

6. warm clothes, waterproof gloves, grippy boots, bicycle helmet, bus pass, thermos for tea.

7. Converse shoes- no traction, campus tunnel system is too convoluted to be feasible, bald tires, and fluffy winter boots- too hot.

8. boots with changeable warmness, heated outdoor public areas, nose warmer, goggles that can be worn for daily use, not just skiing.

Interview #4 Me!

1. Fat-Tire biking through the snow is always fun for me, and it has great traction. I once operated a bulldozer that blew hot air from the engine onto the floor of the dozer by my feet, which went up my pant legs and exited through the neck hole of my jacket. This kept my entire body and face warm using nothing more than engine heat.

2. Waited for the bus for over an hour in the cold with wet shoes. Sliding into ditches with my car, windows icing over while driving, batteries freezing, diesel engines being too cold to start in extreme cold.

3. Car, Truck(18-Wheeler), bike, bus, walk

4. I travel no matter the temperature, just need more layers of clothes. I have biked when it was -27.

5. Conditions will dictate how fast I travel and my mode of transportation. I will take the bus if it is not safe to bike, such as too much snow or high winds.

6. Wool garments, also prefer waterproof and windproof. Battery heating blanket, thermos, heavy lugged tires, snow chains for the truck, emergency snow shovel, ski goggles and helmet for biking, snowmobile jacket and gloves for biking.

7. Canvas top shoes- no grip and not waterproof, super heavy winter gear is warm but too cumbersome to be feasible, bald tires, an ice scraper that shattered in the cold, gloves that aren't waterproof, hats that do not cover the ears.

8. snowchains for bikes, quick on/off snowpants

My own experience with traveling in winter is quite extensive. I have driven cars, 18-wheel trucks, snowmobiles, bicycles, and sometimes even motorcycles!

motorcycle

The one thing I am always concerned about is traction. Even if I have really good tires and everything is running smoothly, a patch of ice can send anyone into the ditch if they aren't ready for it.

olds

The other main concern of mine is staying warm. If I am going to drive, I will start the engine at least 15 minutes prior to the start of my trip to make sure the inside of the vehicle is warm and that the engine oil is warmed sufficiently to allow it to operate at its best. This will usually keep the windshield from suddenly frosting over on the inside as I drive, which is annoying and very dangerous as I can't see the road.

Also, keeping the headlights and windshield clean and clear are a major concern in winter because of the excess road grime and the drastically reduced daylight hours.

Now that I am a student at the University again, I a bike to class everyday from a few miles off campus. To make sure I can get through whatever weather to get to class on time, I ride a Fat-Bike.

Surly

The purpose of this bike is to have as much traction as possible in low traction conditions. It also looks super cool and is fun to ride.

Two years ago I was riding snowmobiles with a friend when I lost traction on a corner and drove straight into a tree. This particular experience has led me to seek the most traction possible in later years because I never want to be that close to a tree again!

Upon reviewing the information gathered from the interviews, and my own experience, I see a pattern with reduced traction being a problem no matter the transportation mode. The need to be warmer was also repeatedly expressed, along with the desire to have clothes that allow a greater range in heat containment/ventilation. Snow and ice build-up also seems to be a repeat problem for all forms of transportation. When driving, visibility and traction seem to be the main concerns.

My two problem statements are:

Ideas!!

Last week was cookies, this week is playing games and improvisation! What do these assignments have in common? Both required us to think creatively and come up with things that have not been thought of before, but this week we also were assigned the task of playing a game, constructing a mind map, and creating 10 silly products.

Play a game
On Saturday I visited the Mall Of America with a small group of friends and we spent an hour at Marbles: The Brain Store. I was unable to take any pictures do to store policy, but we played most of the games in the store, and I even played a game of magnetic Connect-Four with an employee! There were structural balance games, puzzle games, and even a Labyrinth board! Not only did this trip get my brain thinking more creatively for the rest of the day, but it was also a great time out with good friends.

Create A Mind Map
After the visit to Marbles, I created a Mind Map that started with "Winter." Using Multiple colors seemed to help my mind be more creative because it is fun to use bright colors.
The map is pictured below.

photo-7.jpg

Silly Products
The final task was to create 10 silly products with illustrations. To start, I created a list, which is pictured below.

photo(2).jpg

The first page of illustrations is of Snowboard Cookies, Cough Syrup Wine, and a Snowbike.
The snowboard cookie is fairly simple, as it is a cookie. The main thing that makes it special is that it is the size of a snowboard. Cough Syrup Wine is a drink mixing recipe to make cough syrup taste better and make you forget you are sick! The Snowbike is the combination of a fat-tire bike with a snowmobile track for a rear wheel.

photo(3).jpg

The next two illustrations are Electric Boots and the Winter Suit. Electric Boots would use a toaster-like matrix of wires to heat your feet and would be powered by a battery and USB cord. The Winter Suit is for people who see the season of winter as almost an alternate universe and need to be absolutely protected from the inhospitable atmosphere.

photo(4).jpg

The following three illustrations are of the Icemobile, Super Sled, and Rocket Pants. The Icemobile is a reverse tricycle with a spiked rear wheel and ice skates for the front two ground contact points. The Super Sled is an aerodynamic shell that the operator lays down in and has a rudder operated by a handrail. Rocket Pants boost downhill skiing speeds with rockets that attach near the ankles of the operator.

photo(5).jpg

The final two illustrations are of Heat Goggles and a Kitten Scarf. Heat Goggles are worn by the operator and activated by a button on the side of the lens. They emit heat waves that melt snow so people no longer need to shovel snow. Kitten scarves are intended for the crazy cat-people of the world that can't leave the house without them. They just need to lure the kitties into a tube-like scarf with little holes for the kitty's head to pop through. The kitties get to come with you, and they keep you warm!

photo(6).jpg

The Autumn Cookie

For class we were told to create a new cookie. After looking through my cupboard and thinking of different flavors that could be combined to produce something edible, I decided to use pumpkin, chocolate chips, and chai tea. The next obstacle was to combine these ingredients in a way that would produce something edible and still resembling a cookie. I found a cookie base recipe on BakerBettie.com that could be easily manipulated to include any ingredient imaginable. I decided to use the pumpkin purée in place of the 1/2 cup of shortening, and use the chai tea in an icing recipe my family uses. The chocolate chips would just be sprinkled on top for added variety of color and flavor.

The recipe is as follows:

1/2 C Pumpkin Purée
1/2 C Sugar
1/4 Tsp Vanilla
1 Egg
1 C Flour
1/4 Tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Baking Soda
1/4 Tsp Vanilla Extract

The cookies were baked for 10 minutes at 350 F and turned out beautiful! Next I made the icing using a basic recipe and steeping a chai tea bag in the butter and milk.

The recipe is as follows:

2 C Powdered Sugar
3 Tbsp Milk
1 Tbsp Melted Butter
1 Tsp Vanilla
1 Chai Tea Bag
The only problem I encountered during the production of my cookies was that the top fell off my salt shaker and added too much salt. To combat the saltiness I cut open each cookie and added a layer of melted chocolate chips because sweet negates salty. I call this creation: The Autumn Cookie!

Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Autumn Cookie

Recent Comments

• boraa015: Your pitch was clear and to the point. I agree read more
  • Marin Blair: I also enjoyed your product pitch. However, I felt as read more
  • bost0131: I thought your pitch was very good. You were to read more
  • boujn001: Cody, great job explaining your ideas and asking those on read more
  • bruex015: You did a good job explaining your ideas and your read more
  • carl4648 Nicole Carlson: I really like that you took a humorous approach to read more
  • degro085: I think you have a few great ideas here! I read more
  • fadne019: You provided a lot of good relevant information collected through read more
  • dyexx061: First of all, I love the layout of your blog. read more
  • enins001: Your interview questions were just the right sort of story read more

Recent Assets

• pugh-1.jpg
  • criteria.jpg
  • names.jpg
  • 81LqRUjBcAL._SL1500_.jpg
  • 517059236_305.jpg
  • 519dnpR72+L.jpg
  • slipnotproductimgfinal_1_1_1.jpg
  • 0900c8af80e335b3.jpg
  • product_7215_500.jpg
  • photo 2(5).JPG

• stuff
  • olds
  • sled