« Space Shuttle Discovery | Main | 12-year-old Boy in Custody for Shooting Death »

Bomb Threat on Campus

Pioneer Press reported there was a bomb threat on the University of Minnesota campus late Tuesday afternoon. They said that many university buildings were being evacuated. The evening classes were said to be cancelled. The buildings were Blegen, the social sciences Tower and Anderson Hall.
I was really interested in this news brief because I go to the U, of course. I quickly checked my e-mail and found a message form the University President notifying us students and faculty of the situation.
I checked back to my e-mail later and I noticed I received an "all-clear" e-mail. Nothing was found, and classes are expected to resume Wednesday morning. Which was pretty upsetting because I have a mid-term in Blegen Hall tomorrow morning.
I did not find a follow up notification on the Pioneer Press's website, but I did on the Star Tribune. They took three small paragraphs to sum up the events of the bomb threat. Most importantly, they let the public know that nothing was found.