« Poppit! | Main | Gen & Ryan's web site analysis »

Second Life

I had never heard of Second Life before class yesterday. It's kind of a hard concept to grasp. A virtual world where you can pretty much do anything you can do in real life plus more? Very strange. The strangest part, I think, is that it uses real money. You can buy plots of land, and even "skin" to change the appearance of your virtual character. Apparently, you can even go to a restaurant to "eat" and you have to pay for it. I wonder how much the hookers charge...

I think it's a really interesting new form of world-wide communication and way to sell products. You can browse stores and purchase items, test drive cars, and all sorts of stuff. People from all over the world can come together in the same place at the same time without even leaving their homes or offices.

It also seems sick and twisted. I'm sure there are people out there that will become so absorbed in their second life that they will end up ruining their actual lives. I guess people's characters have gotten married in Second Life, which is scary for those who are married to these people in real life.

The possibilities for this virtual world are endless. I'm scared!

Sorry for the huge review, but I'm really loving the new Zune, and hope this, as well as the excellent reviews some other people have written, will help you decide if it's the right choice for you.

Between me and my husband we've owned more MP3 players over the years than I can count, including Sansas, iRivers, iPods (classic & touch), the Ibiza Rhapsody, etc. But, the last few years I've settled down to one line of players. Why? Because I was happy to discover how well-designed and fun to use the underappreciated (and widely mocked) Zunes are.