« loving Christmas break! | Main | Christmas Break »

Back to School

This week I've been taking the 1 credit SAS class called Data Processing with PC-SAS. The class is only a week long, but I think it has been extremely helpful in terms of getting comfortable trying things within SAS and feeling more comfortable with manipulating datasets. The class is taught by Michael Oakes and I think he does a really great job of explaining concepts in a way that I at least have a very easy time understanding. There are probably about 30 people (I think) in the class, but I think everyone feels very comfortable asking questions. The class is structured such that you spend 2 hours in lecture in the morning (9-11) and two hours in lab after lunch. The lab section is really nice because it has !3! TA’s which makes getting individual help very easy.

I was a little hesitant to take this class because I didn’t want to come home a week early from winter break, but I think it has been a nice transition for me from vacation back to school.

I had SO much fun over the break. After spending a week at my mom’s house for Christmas, I went and spent two weeks at Adam’s house with him and his family. On New Years we went up to Seattle to spend the evening with a bunch of friends from college. It was so great to see everyone.

When the weather first started turning cold here in Minneapolis, I noticed that many people had a pea coat for their warmer winter jacket. I’ve always kind of wanted a pea coat so I asked for one for Christmas. Adam got me one and I’ve been enjoying it’s wolly warmness a lot this week ?

Keep your eyes out for upcoming pictures from Winter Break!