« Back to School | Main | Nice Restaurant »

Christmas Break

okay, I said would post pictures from Christmas break, so here they are! Now that classes have started again I'll have some more school related stuff to talk about. I think I'll do my next entry on the classes I'm taking this semester (though honestly they haven't even all met yet for the first time!) :-) and I'm also going to post some stuff about how I decided on U of M for graduate school.

We got a really good family photo while I was home in Spokane for Christmas. My mom is a gardener for the city of Spokane. One of the things she worked on this year was the decoration of the conservatory with Christmas lights. Every year they string every single plant in the conservatory with lights. They have even come up with ways to light the really flimsy plants. So while we were there someone took a picture of us on the bridge over the little pond in the greenhouse. It is such a nice picture!

Family Photo
Christmas2006 030 Medium Web view.jpg

My big project over vacation was making this decoupage decorated box for Adam for Christmas. I took pictures from the past 3 years and effectively made a giant collage on a box, but it looked really cool when it was done!

Box for Adam
Christmas2006 085 Medium Web view.jpg

Our neighbor in Spokane was in a really horrible car accident about a year ago. She has two cats, so my mom has been taking care of them while our neighbor has been living at a rehabilitation place. One of the cats has decided that she really likes to be inside and be getting into EVERYTHING! here is a picture of her getting into the Christmas tree, which she found soooo fascinating.
Christmas Tree Cat
Christmas2006 087 Medium Web view.jpg

While we were in Seattle we went out for one of my favorite foods- conveyor belt sushi! We had a dinner date with our friends Christie and Nick. You can see the cool conveyor belt full of yummy sushi in the background.

Christie and Adam at the sushi place
Christmas2006 098 Medium Web view.jpg

Well, the highlight of Christmas break was getting to spend 2 weeks in Seattle with Adam. I know I've said it a million times, but it's true. Below is cute picture that I took while I was in Seattle. Adam is going to come to Minneapolis to visit at the end of January. I'm hoping that we will be able to go to the St. Paul Winter Carnival to see the ice carving and other such things.

Cute Pic of Annie and Adam
Adam and Annie Christmas 2006 Medium Web view.jpg

How cutie couple you are!
As always, I've enjoyed your blog.