Presentations

I did a little presentation on Friday, and i don't think that it went very well. I had to talk about Modifiers. I didn't even know what the hell these were. When i read about them i figured out that they were a completley general topic that every already knew about. So it should of been easy to talk about right? Not. It was so complicated and not complicated at the same exact time. AAAAAhhhhh i'm done, sorry for the horrible presentation everyone.

Crazy British Child Movie

That movie on Friday was crazy. Well it was more hilarious then crazy i suppose. I just couldn't get over how proper the kids were. They were actting like they were 20 year olds in 7 year olds bodies. On the other hand you have a few kids that look like they should be in prison right now. I am very interested to see how this movie plays out. I really hope we have time to watch a lot of these movies

Our First Paper

So are first assignment was to pretty much critique a speech by my most favorite person in the whole entire world.....................President George W. Bush. So obviously there is a little sarcasim in that statement. I was so excited when i got this assignment i can not even tell you. Now this has it's down side. As i was writing this paper i just kept thinking about how much i didn't like him, and it showed. My paper was pretty much just a President bashing session in proper writing form. Now this gave my paper a very interesting and funny aspect, but i was missing the whole analization part. I realize that now. Thats why there are second drafts. Right? But don't think for one second that i am going to ease up on that stupid mother. haha

America The Book

America the Book is a modern day picture book for grown, sarcastic, adults. There is a lot of suttle humor within the text that takes a little bit of thinking to fully understand. I thought this book was ok. I wouldn't go buy it myself but it was worth the couple chapters i read. I liked chapter seven the best. I was impressed at how it depicted the growth of media throughout the years, and how it made fun of Americans in general. A passage that i liked went like this, " Something had to give, and that something was radio. Trough the magic of radio, people could stay informed without having to read. They could listen while remaining sedentary, with their eyes closed, perhaps gnawing on a delicious shank of lamb." - America the Book
That i found to be very funny, he also makes a comment about tv and how we weren't satified with only having some of our senses numbed we needed to have them all broken down to feel complete. All in all it was funny and a good introduction to the class.