« November 2009 | Main | January 2010 »

Digital Tactile Media Mix > Figure Skates

Just in time for the Olympics... One student reflects on the business of amateur athletics.

corruption_skates.jpg

Holly Urspringer
Sec1
2D Final project #2 Tactile Media

I wanted to do this theme for my project because of what I experienced when I was younger at my figure skating club. I started at New Hope figure skating club when I was 3 years old and by 5 was taken to Plymouth Pandas figure skating club by my private coach who was later found embezzling money through the club. It was hard to understand what was going on at such a young age but what I did understand was that the more money you had and put forth to the club the better you were treated and the farther levels you progressed in. I never truly realized how much it has affected me since it happened when I was so young in the skating program; it was definitely something a young child should have never experienced since it was supposed to be an enjoyable extra curricular activity and I feel like this is a perfect project to get everything out in the open for myself and to face what truly happened.

skate_2.jpg

Think again > Outside the Box

outside the box from joseph Pelling on Vimeo.

Outside the Box with Digital Artist Awards winner Joseph Pelling

http://www.juxtapoz.com/Current/outside-the-box-with-digital-artist-awards-winner-joseph-pelling

Word to Mother Video Studio Visit

Artist Profile : WordToMother from Andrew Telling on Vimeo.

New Zealand Book Council > Stop Mo

Film for NZ Book Council

Produced by Colenso BBDO
Animated by Andersen M Studio