Assignment > Digital Art Research
Reading: Digital Art (World of Art, Thames & Hudson)
As you are selecting a digital artist to do a presentation on, please note the chapter + category in the Digital Art book. Choose an artist whose work intrigues you. Make sure you can locate good visual examples of their work on the web. You can also access library periodicals and books to search for more detailed info about their important works. (reviews + articles in art magazines)
EACH STUDENT WILL SIGN UP FOR AN ARTIST IN CLASS...
Please SAVE your research about the artist, You will post to the BLOG later, AFTER SPRING BREAK.
Write a brief overview about the work of this artist, including:
2. Your artist's name
3. Background info on the artist + their work
4. Description of their digital art (Be sure to include: What specific technology and ideas are explored by this artist. Process: How do they create their work? How does the audience experience it?)
5. Context + category of their work in the book
6. A specific work you like + why
(Be sure to include: Title, date. and location of the specific work. What does the work look, sound, feel like? Ideas and technology explored. What about this work connects with you personally? )
7. How their work might influence your digital art (Be open, stretch your imagination here, describe a work you might want to make some day.)
++++ ALSO INCLUDE >
3 links to the artist's work on the web (use FULL URL > http...)