Blog #1 If this was...

If this was a movie about my life, it would be a ___________________ (genre / style), created by _________________________________ (artist/ director).

The story about my life would be ____________________ ________________________________________ (describe visual qualities and emotional tone). It would be set in _______________ (era) in ___________________ (location). The pace of the story would be _________________. The Director of Photography would be ______________, the camera work would be ______________________(describe shot types and look of cinematography)___________________ .

It would be the story of _______________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________
(short synopsis). In the project, my ________________ (family member) would be played by _____________________ (actor) and __________________ (actor) would play the love interest. The main conflict in the story would involve ___________________________.
In the climax of the story, _________________________ would happen. This scene would feel very ______________(emotion) and be visually _________________ (look). The audience would be most surprised by the ending, when I _________________________________________________________.

Use this story template to reveal something about who you are and what you love in cinema. SAVE your story to post to the blog.

If this was a movie about my life, it would be an _Adventurous student looking to travel_ (genre / style), created by _Wes Anderson_ (artist/ director).
The story about my life would be _upbeat and have simplistic qualities to the scenes_ (describe visual qualities and emotional tone). It would be set in _The fifty’s_ (era) in _Montana_ (location). The pace of the story would be _fast paced_. The Director of Photography would be _Janusz Kaminski_, the camera work would be _Simple shots in natural surroundings_(describe shot types and look of cinematography)_ .
It would be the story of _A young man looking for adventure and is always on the move_
(short synopsis). In the project, my _Dad_ (family member) would be played by _Bill Murray_ (actor) and _Zooey Deschanel_ (actor) would play the love interest. The main conflict in the story would involve _Him bored of his mundane life at school_.
In the climax of the story, _He disappears into the mountains_ would happen. This scene would feel very _exciting and freeing but devastating to his family_(emotion) and be visually _eye opening in this new natural space of mountainous woods and glacial lakes_ (look). The audience would be most surprised by the ending, when I _return home with a new found appreciation of home and self identity_.

Blog #1 If this was...
If this was a movie about my life, it would be an adventure, created by Michael Bay (explosions!).
The story about my life would be, quickly paced, quickly changing, rarely boring, significant amount of plot twists. It would be set in the present in worldwide locations. The pace of the story would be faster than anyone would be able to keep up with. The Director of Photography would be hopefully me, the camera work would be varied .
It would be the story of someone's ever changing life filled with uncertainty around every corner while constantly taking leaps of faith in unknown directions. In the project, my father would be played by Aziz Ansari and Anne Hathaway (because she looks like my girlfriend) would play the love interest. The main conflict in the story would involve what to do next.
In the climax of the story, confusion would happen. This scene would feel very confusing and be visually confusing. The audience would be most surprised by the ending, when I became famous.

If this were a movie about my life, it would be a witty, romantic comedy, created by Derek Cianfrance. The story about my life would be vibrant and moody. It would be set in the present time in Chicago, Illinois. The pace of the story would be fast with some casual pacing. The Director of Photography would be Andrew Dunn. The camera work would be as realistic as possible. I’d like to have many medium shots and close ups and the transitions would be quick, almost jolt-like. The cinematography would be simple; bright and dark when it is supposed to be. It would be the story of a small town girl living in a big city. In the project, Lea Solanga would play my mother and Miles Teller would play the love interest. The main conflict in the story would involve crazy ex-boyfriends/friends and a web of weird encounters with city people in the pursuit of getting an “in” a major PR/advertising company. In the climax of the story, a major decision between career and love will have to be made. This scene would feel realistic, yet heartbreaking and be visually dim and stale. The audience would be most surprised by the ending, when they go their separate ways, never to see each other again, but you’d see shots of them where they could be thinking about what could have been.

If this was a movie about my life, it would be an adventure, fantasy, documentary, created by Tim Burton.
The story about my life would be a journey of all the hidden signs I have found from the outside world directing the path within me to unleash mystical things to take over my own. It would be set in the current era in Duluth, MN with flash backs to Proctor and Chisholm, MN. The pace of the story would be bouncing between high and low. The Director of Photography would be ______________, the camera work would have movement of panning shots and contrasting extreme close ups. It would be the story of a girl who is given the world and sees the beauty in everything. She is also burdened by an extra sense that she is unable to control and is brought to a world where it is dark and numbing. A path of discovery, emotion, and dark humor collide to revive the girl from the depths of her shadowy self and ignite the core of her extra sense- sending a tide of change that radiates not only herself but also the people around her. In the project, my dad would be played by Christopher Meloni, with a mustache, and multiple actors would play multiple love interests. The main conflict in the story would involve discovery and the dirty realization of growing up to find yourself. In the climax of the story, a noodle would be eaten and the beautiful, familiar world she once new is revealed again to her. This scene would feel very nostalgic, exciting, and whompy; but here is where everything feels “right". Visually the colors would be over stimulating but motion and time would have a floating feeling. The audience would be most surprised by the ending, when I burst into a ball of light.

If this was a movie about my life, it would be an action/fantasy/horror style, created by Guillermo del Torro and with majorly Asian actors/actresses.
The story about my life would be exciting, adventurous, but also show the hardships against evil. The tone will present the strength of the people and yet melancholy by the destructions of evil. It would be set in an imaginary world of different climates. The pace of the story would be fast but appropriate moments of slow scenes. The Director of Photography would be Christopher Doyle and the camera work would capture ELS and LS of the environments and varieties of MS and CU shots on characters. EU will be used on occasions to reveal details of nature and the characters. Vivid colors and gray tones will compliment with one another throughout specific scenes.
It would be the story a young lady (me), but has a strong will to save her world from the evil spirits that kill people in their sleep by paralyzing them and stealing their souls away to the world of the spirits. I have to step up since I have a special gift to be able to see the spirits naturally. In the project, my brother would be played by Takeshi Kaneshiro and Masanobu Andô would play the love interest. The main conflict of the story would involve saving my older brother with the help of my love interest among other friends.
In the climax of the story, it is indicated when I reach the world of the evil spirits and fight them off in hopes that the death of the evil spirit leader would happen. This scene would feel very intense filled with action/grief/triumph and be visually creative with slow and fast motion scenes. The audience would be most surprised by the ending, when I will sacrifice my life for the peace of the world.

If this was a movie about my life, it would be a Documentary created by Bruce Brown.The story about my life would be the captivating journey and endless changes of direction, with the constant adventures in the great outdoors. It would be set in our current time period in all sorts of locations. The pace of the story would be pretty fast paced. The Director of Photography would be Simon Duggan, the camera work would be a lot of abstract and close up shots as well as a steady variety between Extreme long shots and medium shots. It would be the story of all the adventures and odd habits I have acquired over the years and the friends that I have begun to call family. In the project, my sister would be played by Emma Watson and Joseph Gordon-Levitt would play the love interest. The main conflict in the story would involve myself continuously seeking adventure while arguing with my sister who is young and in love because she doesn’t understand that while were young we need to do everything we dream of.
In the climax of the story, I leave my sister and family and travel alone. This scene would feel very shocking but to any adrenaline junky like myself they would feel exhilarated and be visually enhancing because of the sudden change in upbeat scenes and quick changes between locations.The audience would be most surprised by the ending, when I return to find that my family moved on without me.

If this was a movie about my life, it would be a cerebral dark fantasy created by Stanley Kubrick or Guillermo del Toro.

The story about my life would be savage, brutal, and sometimes offbeat. It would be set in some fantasy world were weird and creepy stuff happens all the time. The pace of the story would be methodical. The Director of Photography would be Roger Deakins or Wally Pfister, the camera work would be a balance between sweeping and grand contrasted by uncomfortable or strange shots to highlight darker elements.

It would be the story of myself trying to be as inconspicuous as possible while surrounded by a world that cares little for the feeling of others. In the project I would have no family and Scarlett Johansson would play the love interest. The story wouldn’t really have an overarching plot, more just a collection of vignettes of miscellaneous adventures.

If this was a movie about my life, it would be a coming-of-age comedy-drama, created by Richard Ayoade.
The story about my life would be calm in tone but exciting visually, with somewhat bland characters and situations being offset by bright colors in the clothing and scenery. It would be set in the present day in Duluth, Minnesota. The pace of the story would be fairly fast-paced, with few instances of stagnated action. The Director of Photography would be Robert D. Yeoman, the camera work would be balanced between fast-moving camera pans that move with the characters and slow movement and stillness, some scenes being framed like a painting.
It would be the story of a college-aged girl who isn’t sure where she’s going in life but continually takes small steps that point her in the right direction. In the project, my father would be played by Ben Stiller and Craig Roberts would play the love interest. The main conflict in the story would involve the main character coming to terms with how her life is playing out.
In the climax of the story, the main character’s grandmother dies. This scene would feel very fast-paced and panicked before almost slowing to a complete stop and be visually disconnected from the audio, the camera shaking and shooting from one place to the other and rapidly cutting between shots as piano music plays before they reconnect as sound effects and voices fade back in. The audience would be most surprised by the ending, when I decide to finish my education and get my business degree, with plans to continue working until I can afford to move to the Twin Cities and go to a different school to get the degree I want.

If this was a movie about my life, it would be a sci-fi, created by James Cameron
The story about my life would be epic space opera. It would be set in the year 2142 in SPAAAACE. The pace of the story would be long and unnecessarily drawn out. The Director of Photography would be John Alcott, the camera work would be long and steady.

It would be the story of humanity exploring the universe. In the project, my dad would be played by Denzel Washington and Scarlet Johanson would play the love interest. The main conflict in the story would involve the survival of humanity against some new alien foe.
In the climax of the story, deus ex machina would happen because it was all a dream. This scene would feel very stupid and be visually boring. The audience would be most surprised by the ending, when I played the whole movie again on reverse for some reason.

If this was a movie about my life, it would be an Adventure Film (genre / style), created by JJ Abrams (artist/ director).
The story about my life would be complicated, and full of twists. Also feature a lot of detail shots, playing with depth of field (describe visual qualities and emotional tone). It would be set in the early 2000s (era) in a small town similar to the ones I grew up in on the iron range (location). The pace of the story would be slow, but steady. The Director of Photography would be my friend Alex Demianiuk, the camera work would be unconventional, and feature angles and perspectives that could catch anyones attention.
It would be the story of someone searching and finding a purpose for himself. And all the trils and hardships along the way.
(short synopsis). In the project, my brother (family member) would be played by a no name actor, I would want to cast someone that fit his character(actor). The main conflict in the story would involve a battle within himself.
In the climax of the story, the character “wakes up”. This scene would feel very abstracted, but relieving at the same time(emotion) and be visually overwhelming (look). The audience would be most surprised by the ending, when I finally admit everything to myself.

If this was a movie about my life, it would be an Action Dramedy, created by Quentin Tarantino.
The story about my life would have the look and feel of loud rich reds, golds, and purples worked into the overall color scheme of the film with soft but on the edge of intense music in the background, the dialogue switching from casual and light to stern and serious seamlessly.
It would be set in the roaring 20’s
In Chicago.
The pace of the story would be slow build into high tension.
. The Director of Photography would be Robert Richardson, the camera work would be Different shots of the city/era close up, switching angles at a slow beat of a pace.
Landscape shot of the entire city.
Pan down on younger version of me sleeping on a roof.
Camera is eye level at he wakes up.
Then, switch point of view to my perspective.
It would be the story of uncertainty, having the whole world within your grasp but just having the determination to reach out and grab it. In the project, my brother Isaiah (family member) would be played by Eddie Murphy (actor) and Emma Watson (actor) would play the love interest. The main conflict in the story would involve Building an empire out of nothing.
In the climax of the story, I would realize every last accomplishment I set out for. This scene would feel very electrifying and be visually awe inspiring. The audience would be most surprised by the ending, when my children murder me for inheritance money.

Blog #1 If this was...

If this was a movie about my life, it would be a quirky coming-of-age comedy created by Jean-Pierre Jeunet. The story about my life would include nature shots and sounds of everyday moments that I enjoy, that people don’t often take in, or notice.
I would want the film to be reflective, but upbeat. I would like the ending to leave an audience feeling warm and full. It would be set in the present, somewhere by a big body of water. The pace of the story would be moderate, but would include both fast pace and slower reflective moments. The Director of Photography would be Roman Osin, the camera work would include different shots of people working with their hands as well as wide shots of the water. It would be the story of my letter correspondence with her grandfather, Garland at a transitional point in my life. In the project, my grandfather would be played by Robert Duvall and Rupert Penry-Jones would play the love interest. The main conflict in the story would be finding work and the contrast between the old way and the new. In the climax of the story he becomes sick. This scene would feel frightening at first, then hopeful and would include shots of his letters and advice. The audience would be most surprised by the ending, when I open my own studio and begin a letter correspondence with my future niece.

If this was a movie about my life, it would be a dark comedy created by Terry Gilliam.The story about my life would be surreal, contemplative, dark, yet light hearted. It would be set in present day in multiple locations around North America. The pace of the story would be slow starting but then it would build up to a faster pace. The Director of Photography would be Nicola Pecorini, The camera work would be wide angle, close-up, and point of view shots.It would be the story of a man travelling in search of meaning to his life with plenty of misadventures along the way. In the project, my brother, would be played by Jason Segel, and Amy Adams would play the love interest. The main conflict in the story would involve the characters intertwining relationships.
In the climax of the story, a very brutal car wreck would happen. This scene would feel very intense and be visually chaotic. The audience would be most surprised by the ending, when I find what it is I am looking for.

If this were a movie about my life, it would be a dark comedy, created by Wes Anderson.
The story about my life would be visually stimulating and have and have a lighthearted tone. It would be set in 21st Century in Minnesota. The pace of the story would be franticly slow. The Director of Photography would be Robert Yeoman, the camera work would be very picturesque with lots of establishing shots and character point of views.
It would be the story of my final year of high school, sort of a coming of age story, kinda like “the graduate” but less adultery. In the project, my Dad would be played by Bill Muarry and Amy Adams would play the love interest. The main conflict in the story would involve trying to get into college. In the climax of the story, a huge party would happen. This scene would feel very gleeful and be visually bright and loud. The audience would be most surprised by the ending, when I end up going to UMD.