I am happy to inform you that we now have the easy to use online version of this paper title. I have also linked this database in appropriate locations on my Launch Pad page. Read below about the database. You can even download into Excel!!
If you have questions, please give me a call.
* The standard source for the quantitative facts of American history.
* Completely expanded and revised.
* Fully cross-referenced and indexed.
* Landmark reference now available as an electronic database.
* Downloadable and customizable to suit individual areas of interest.
* Download tables in Excel or CSV; also download entire groups of tables as a zip file.
* Create custom tables; merge columns from multiple tables to create custom tables, which can also be downloaded, printed, or graphed.
* Advanced searching of the tables, their documentation, and essays.
* Full citation downloading in RIS, text, or CSV format.
"Forthcoming from Cambridge University Press in the spring of 2006 is an update of a landmark reference long overdue for revision. Historical Statistics of the United States: Millennial Edition, a compendium of statistics from over 1000 sources last updated in the distant 1975, has been expanded to include over 37,000 data series -- three times more than in the previous edition -- and dozens of new topics, among them slavery, American Indians, and poverty. The monumental five-volume work will be available in both print and electronic formats."
(from: Library Journal Reference Roundup.)
This thoroughly revised five-volume reference work, available both in print and electronic editions, reflects thirty years of new data and scholarship. Topics ranging from migration and health to crime and the Confederate States of America are each placed in historical context by a recognized expert in the field. The fully searchable and downloadable electronic edition (a single one-time purchase!) will permit users to graph individual tables and create customized tables and spreadsheets reflecting their own particular areas of interest.
* Save your search criteria
* Search within a chapter or volume
* Bookmark tables or essays
* Searchable term and contributor indexes
* View tables in PDF or HTML format
* Tables online include full documentation, sources, and footnotes
* Select certain years or series of years to view, download, print, or graph
* Download unrounded table data, for more detailed statistical analyses.
* Enhanced table display features: jump to a certain table column (series), skip over blank data cells, highlight table rows and columns for readability
* Toggle table sorting by ascending or descending year
* Create and download colorful charts, graphs, and plots
* Email a table or essay to a colleague
This essential reference work, is now available in both print and online versions, via the UMD Library!!!