Orange Sky

an orange sky.jpg

While walking in Reykjavik, Iceland I saw this unusual house. At home I changed the sky, removed obnoxious items and darkened the street. The sky is clearly unreal, but I put that color in the reflections in the windows. This was all done about 10 years ago.

You Used To Be Able To Go Upstairs Here

Stairs Ghost.jpg

We got into the basement another way! An interesting pattern was left behind.

Please Join Me for Tea on My Balcony

cup balconies.jpg

I entered this in the MN State Fair Fine Arts competition, which accepts about 18% of the entries, and I heard today that it was rejected. So I will enter it in the show of fair rejects at the Hopkins Center for the Arts, exhibited during the latter part of August, ending Labor Day. In case you're curious, this picture was taken through a bus window during a tour of Tokyo in 2009.

Shanghai Lobby

Shanghailobby0544.jpg

This fisheye picture shows the five-story lobby of a Shanghai hotel, where I slept on the 54th floor (approximately).

Lobby

SantiagoLobby0002.jpg

Here's a puzzle! And it's fun, I think. Can you figure it out? It was taken in Santiago, Chile, but that fact won't help you solve the puzzle.

Sydney Opera House

SydneyOperaHouse2-247.jpg

The Opera House is a spectacular construcion that didn't exactly follow the original architect's design (because that would have been too expensive to build), so he never visited the building. The roof tiles are not all white - the building would have been too bright for sailors in the harbor. When I was there (1989) they were photographing every roof tile (in blocks) because some tiles were cracked and needed replacement.

A Village of the Karo People (Ethiopia)

Karo village132.jpg

The dark clouds suddenly appeared while there still was light on the structures, The raised structures are designed for grain storage - raising them deters mice, etc.

Summer Palace - Beijing

1022A.jpg

The Summer Palace is a vast complex of elaborately decorated buildings, hills and grassy areas. Sometimes I find a person in a perfect pose, as in this infrared image.

Recent Comments

• erica.kain@gmail.com: Are you on a balcony photographing a ceiling? Perhaps we read more
  • erica.kain@gmail.com: What a terrific photo. I spent this AM reading a read more

Recent Assets

• an orange sky.jpg
  • Stairs Ghost.jpg
  • cup balconies.jpg
  • Shanghailobby0544.jpg
  • SantiagoLobby0002.jpg
  • SydneyOperaHouse2-247.jpg
  • SydneyOperaHouse1-247.jpg
  • Karo village132.jpg