« Kindergarten student injured by falling radiator | Main | Japan's Crown Prince told to visit parents more often »

Structure

The article this week I chose to analyze, in terms of structure, is on the recent illegal road race crash. The reason I chose this article is because earlier in the week I had written a blog entry on it and afterwards more information surfaced. I found it intriguing how much my blog was off, based on the initial information I received. Since then one person who was injured died from their injuries and we learned that the main vehicle involved in the incident wasn't actually involved in the illegal race.

In the latest article by the New York Times it leads off with a strong lead, informing the reader how many were killed and when it happened, and of course what was the general cause. After writing about the specifics, how the situation occurred, about half way into the article it states that no charges had been filed. This illustrates that the main story is the crash and the victims and not whether or not the driver had committed any crime.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/17/us/17crash.html?_r=1&ref=us&oref=slogin