This blog post comes in many parts.
It's SCAM^2PER^2 time!
I found this assignment surprisingly difficult. I tried to do about 5 ideas per letter in the acronym. Some of the categories had two good ideas while in others I struggled more. I decided to illustrate one idea per category. However, later on some of the ideas reappeared in the matrix or I just illustrated them anyway. My category is "Hot drinks and their containers" which makes it hard to stay on the winter theme.
My problem statements were:
- How might we keep a warm drink hotter longer while still being pleasant to drink?
- How might we make the task of cleaning tall travel mugs more convenient?
- How might we have the convenience of a to-go cup while being environmentally friendly and cost effective?
Most of the solutions were focused on the first one, though some of them looked at some of the other problems.
- Glass mug option available at coffee shops, either reusable or recyclable.
- Silicone cap for normal mug
- Soak bomb- throw into a tall cup for foaming action and easy cleaning (like denture cleaners)
- Bottle shaped hot drink cup for travel.
- Tiny travel french press
- French press in mug insert
- Cup with a candle in it
- coffee/tea taste blend
- Desk lamp with hot plate
- Mug/teapot shaped sno-globe
- Mini-electric mug heater (like an electric heater)
- Double walled cardboard travel mug
- wool sock/fleece covering for mug or mug sweaters
- Tear drop shaped bottle like "Method" bottle in Target
- Double walled metal cup- like a thermos
- Double walled tea pot
- Flask shaped coffee bottle (curved and kept in a pocket)
- Extra long thin sponge
- Mug shaped umbrella holder
- Mug or to-go cup shaped lamp and/or vase
- Add pocket to cup to warm up gloves
- Teapot shaped fishbowl (with teatime accessories)
- French press terrarium
Put to another use
- Mugs as pen holders
- Travel mug "sippy cup" lid, stop spills and is easy to clean
- Changeable handles for different hand sizes
- Mug with slot for pen, snack, etc.
- Mini-teapot drink out of spout
- Mug with insulating grip but no handle
- Chemex style personal cup
- Instant coffee pod (individual servings of instant coffe)
- Flavor pod- favorite flavor shots at home
- Color change at perfect temp, change when not too hot or too cold.
- Disposable mugs with tea or coffee pouch built into the bottom
- Two Handle mug
- Mug handles on the bottom
- Double walled filled with ice mug
- Decorative stickers for mugs, you personalize your mug!
I wasn't really happy with either matrix, so I made two! I also made them more legible than the versions in my notebook. (By the way I can hear you muttering "overachiever", don't think that I can't)
I modified and redrew some of the best ideas from the brainstorming session.
My top ten ideas! Most of these were already in this post, and I have a bit of trouble deciding between a few. These are in no particular order. I wouldn't be surprised if some already exist somewhere on the internet.
Do you agree with my choices? If there are some you would change, let me know in the comments. :)
BONUS: I love this idea even though it's the least winter themed. Therefore, it isn't in my top ten, but I wanted to include it again anyway.
Thank you for taking a look at my ideas. This assignment took me a really long time. I think sometimes when I'm pressed for time I tend to focus more and complete things faster. However, I had time this weekend, so I just lackadaisically worked on it and took longer than perhaps I should have. Yet, maybe it's good to practice long marathons of creative idea making rather than my normal sprints.
Now it's time for some tea. ^_^