My Experience With Hip-Hop

My name is Stephen Kaminsky and I grew up in a fairly small town north of the cities, Elk River, Minnesota. My first contact with hip-hop music came at a young age, around 12. This would put me in about seventh grade and I hung out with a bit of a rough crowd for my age. We loved to listen to rap music; in fact, it's basically all we listened to. We especially liked Eminem, 50 Cent, Ludacris, Lil-Wayne, Kanye, and Jay-Z. We would blast it in whatever car we were riding in, or just on weekends outside when the weather was nice.
I was very into hip-hop until about freshman year of high school, when my older brother and sister introduced me to country music. I immediately fell in love with country and have loved it ever since. Not saying I still do not enjoy hip-hop, because I certainly do. I just do not listen to it nearly as much as I did in middle school. I now love all types of music, besides heavy metal rock or screamo. I especially like country, some classic rock, some oldies, and hip-hop. I am excited to learn more about the art of hip-hop and listen to some songs I have never heard.