It was a busy week of orientation. I wanted to share all of the various PPTs and handouts. Please use as needed.
Monday, August 30-Library Tools for Teaching
Wednesday, September 1--New FYW instructors
- Article: Jenson, Jill D. "It's the Information Age, so where's the information? Why our students can't find it and what we can do to help." College Teaching 52.3 (2004): 107-112.?
- Prezi: http://prezi.com/ey8xg3qmamku/research-beyond-google/
Project Information Literacy: Frustrations
Friday, September 3--All FYW instructors
- First Year Writing Instructor Handout: http://blog.lib.umn.edu/katep/infolit/FYW_Orientation_9_3_2010.doc
- Intro to Library Research Workshops: https://www.lib.umn.edu/introtolibraryresearch
- Designing Effective Library Assignments: http://blog.lib.umn.edu/katep/infolit/DesigningEffectiveLibraryResearchAssignments_NewFacOrientation2010.doc
- The "They Say, I Say" Guide to Research Strategies: http://blog.lib.umn.edu/katep/infolit/They%20Say%20I%20Say_Research.doc
Study Like a Scholar:
Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to discuss how the Libraries can support your teaching (or research)!
Walter Library 239