Final Entry

I’m beginning to realize that my consumption has a lot to do with how much or little time I have. And it seems with me I never have enough time. I had intended to do a lot more than I actually got done today but I ran out of time and spent most of the day on homework again. I did get a chance to run to the Library to pick up some lunch. I didn’t have anything in the apartment that I wanted to eat and getting food from the Lib is cheap and easy (and pretty tasty). I then spent more time doing homework and then headed to work for the night. This may seem a little off topic, but I had someone (he was a gentlemen in his late 20’s probably) dine and dash on me tonight. He left behind a $65 dollar tab that I was then forced to pay because it is seen as my fault. How can anyone do that? I don’t understand how you can have a conscience and eat and drink all of this stuff and think it’s acceptable to walk away without paying. Needless to say I am quite perturbed by the situation. I would never walk into Target, fill up my shopping cart and think about walking out the front door. That’s called stealing! It’s illegal! And so is this but unfortunately he wasn’t caught. : $5

One Tree Hill

Typical Tuesday again. I paid for parking in St. P. I wasn’t particularly hungry so I decided to just eat a Poptart for lunch. I had 9 straight hours of class and homework today. I was extremely exhausted when I got home so I sat and watched One Tree Hill before getting back to homework. I didn’t watch any of the commercials as I was trying to make dinner during them. I sat and did homework the rest of the night. Little consuming was done all day. : $5

Econ Midterm

I had to work today for Emily (my life is so exciting sometimes). I watched a lot of CNN with subtitles at work today. I hate watching the news. It’s so depressing. Two children were kidnapped, a teenager was killed in school for being openly gay, etc. I wish the headlines read “Millions survive day!? After work was done, I ate lunch there. I then went to the Purple Onion for a Latte and to study for my midterm. : $8

Econ Midterm

I work too much

Surprise Surprise, I had to work again today. Only for a few hours though, which was nice for a change. I got home from work and never left the house again. I watched a little TV but mostly did homework and fought the urge to take a nap or just go to be ridiculously early. I did watch a bit of the Oscar’s but wasn’t that interested so I didn’t pay much attention really. : $0

European Night

I got to spend another joyous day working. How exciting for me. I didn’t have time to stop for coffee which made me sad. I got done with work and went to dinner at Punch because I had been craving real Italian pizza for weeks. I enjoyed an Italian beer with my pizza because it only seemed right. It was everything I had been craving and more! We then went to Gastof’s for Amy’s birthday. We took a cab there and few of the girls had cash so I ended up paying $9 but didn’t have to pay for anything on the way home. I had only one beer while there (they are ginormous after all) which was $10. I was starving again on the way home and got some Milio’s. Yum. A fun night all in all : $35

Parking Ramps are expensive

Running a little late, and with no other convenient options, I decided to park in the parking ramp. Not the most economical choice, but I didn’t want to risk getting a ticket at a meter. I went to the gym afterwards where Katie paid for parking. I then worked all night. Oh joy : $7

Bitten

I always get excited when I leave early enough for class to stop for coffee! I stopped on the way to St Paul for a bagel with cream cheese and a coffee from Brueger’s. Parking was paid for in St. P as well. : $8.50

Last night at work a friend of mine had the cutest winter coat on. I fell in love immediately, and then she told me she paid only 8.98 for it!! She got it from Steve and Barry’s (kind of weird) but it’s the new Sarah Jessica Parker Line Bitten. She told me to go buy it. So tonight I did! I went to Steve and Barry’s and the WHOLE store was $8.98!! I ended up buying two winter coats, a vest, a pair of shoes, and a sweatshirt for $45! I can’t believe I didn’t buy more to be honest. Usually stuff that is that cheap is so sketchy that you don’t even want to buy it. But there was something about the credibility of Sarah Jessica Parker and the design of everything was so cute! Even her logo is nice! Definitely one of the greatest shopping experiences ever! : $45

Econ is dumb

Nearly my entire day today was spent working on my econ assignment that had to be turned in before I went to work at 5. It took far longer than I had expected it to. Listened to my itunes the whole time, dropped it off at Heller Hall and went to work. I realized tonight that I do watch a lot of Sports Center while at work…however, it’s always on mute and there is no caption. So there’s that I guess : $0

Mom's Bday

Much of today was dedicated to finishing my project for GD IV. I finished just in the nick of time leaving me no time to eat all day which would usually be my subway lunch day. I instead purchased a powerade and pop-tart from the vending machines and paid for my printing at splash, as well as my parking in st paul : $10.25

(Happy Birthday Mom!)

Splurchase Day

I went on my 2 dollar shopping spree. Target is the devil. That’s my conclusion with that. I was meant to strictly stick to just buying my one item. Nope…of course I ended up buying more! Even from the DVD section which I shouldn’t have been anywhere close to! The 6th season of Friends (I have 5 and 7…does 6 just make sense to buy?), the Jack Johnson CD that I’ve heard rave reviews about, Peppermint Patties which I seem to have become addicted to lately, deodorant and a birthday card for my mom all found their way into my basket. : $35

laaazy

Today was a recovery day. A bit too much fun was had last night. I laid on the couch for nearly the entire afternoon watching movies on TBS. Random movies I haven’t seen in a long time so they are fun to watch again – Murder at 1600, Legend of Bagger Vance, John Q. At the end of every movie I said I was going to get up and do something, but the stupid little box at the bottom would say what movie was playing next and it kept me hooked! I didn’t watch the commercials and did some reading instead. I hate commercials. : $0

Tera's Big Day...a day early

Another long Saturday afternoon of work. I dashed home and got ready to go out to dinner for Tera’s birthday! We went to the Town Talk Dinner on East Lake. It was a really good time. The atmosphere of the place was really cool. I had a Finnigan’s because few places carry it. For dinner I enjoyed some amazing cheese curds, frickles, their “Kitchen Sink Burger? (which was amazing) and some garlic and herb fries. We split dinner evenly and wouldn’t let Tera pay. Afterwards we went out for drinks at CC Club and the Red Dragon. All in all a very fun night: $70

Monkeys

Today’s present was to wake up to find an email saying I didn’t have class! How exciting to get to go back to bed at 8 am. I slept most of the afternoon and then went to work. What a thrilling day : $0

Bah Humbug

Ish…Valentine’s Day. Today is by far my least favorite holiday. Seeing that I only had one class today I decided to take a gamble and not pay for parking and park in the one hour area. Hooray for not getting a ticket. I went to Katie’s to watch Lost and then a few of us played some shuffle board at the Herkimer and then we went and played darts and Williams. Fun but pretty uneventful. : $9