« february 13 | Main | February 27 »

February 22

so far with my site i feel fine i suppose is the best word to describe it. i have yet to pull a three hour "shift" of volunteering at St. Anne's Place. Susan March is one of the directors over there and she's been really easy to work with and really accomidating to my schedule. The residents seem hesitant to trust or warm up to the volunteers. They almost make me feel like the services provided aren't appreciated or noticed but we stand as more of an inconvinence or a burden to them. I've been shot looks that seem like, "you think you can come in here and fix me and my problems?" Skoffs really. In our contract we aren't allowed to delve into any personal stories or testimonies. We can't share any infromation about ourselves or our lives which will make it difficult to make a connection. We'll see though. I have high hopes.

I think it is very different that you can not connect with people through personal stories. I can understand where the program does not want to to pry into thier lives. I'm confused when you can't tell a story of your own life that relates. I hope the people at the site will warm up to you soon and that you have a good experience. ^_^

I like what you guys are up too. Such smart work and reporting! Carry on the superb works guys Iˇ¦ve incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it will improve the value of my web site :)