Obituary: Dr. David Utz, renowned Mayo Clinic urologist

David Utz treated a wide variety of patients throughout his career, from everyday people to Hollywood celebrities, and even Ronald Reagan.
But according to his son, he was never wowed by his impressive clientele.
"He treated every patient the same," said William Utz, according to the Star Tribune. "I remember when I was about 6, he took me along to visit a little girl about my age, one of his patients, who was suffering from renal failure. He brought her a birthday present before she died."
A native of Rochester, Utz earned his medical degree from the St. Louis University School of Medicine and an advanced degree in urology from the University of Minnesota. There he served as a member of the Board of Regents from 1973 to 1979.
Utz led a surgical team in 1987 that performed prostate surgery on Ronald Reagan.
William Utz remembers his father's kind spirit, "He was great in heart and that was manifested by his kindness."
He is survived by his brother, four children, 15 grandchildren, and three great-grandchildren.