4 students burned in science experiment Maple Grove Junior High

| No Comments

Three of four students are released from Hennepin County Medical Center after a science experiment gone wrong thursday morning.
Laurel Anderson, principal of Maple Grove Junior High says the four 9th graders were burned in an accident involving a flammable gas and nearby papers that apparently caught on fire.
Two students, who didn't witness the accident, told KARE 11 that they heard the teacher was performing an experiment that involved igniting methane.
The school district did not confirm that report.
The victims' injuries ranged from mild to severe burns, but none were considered life-threatening.
The rest of the students in the classroom were not injured.

Leave a comment

About this Entry

This page contains a single entry by kelle953 published on December 1, 2011 5:27 PM.

Wayzata student is Sleep Out king was the previous entry in this blog.

Policy changes after Maple Grove students burned in science class is the next entry in this blog.

Find recent content on the main index or look in the archives to find all content.