Avatars-Thesis, Antithesis, and Synthesis

Avatar-001.jpg

What exactly is an Avatar? Is it the above image?

According to the encyclopedia Britannica: In Hinduism, an avatar is the incarnation of a deity in human or animal form to counteract some particular evil in the world. In today's society we may relate avatars to video games. An avatar in a game setting is a virtual representation of the player.

Now, in reference to avatars to the Hegelian dialectic: The player is the thesis or Sein, the original idea, virtual avatar is the antithesis or Nichts, in complete opposition of thesis, and Synthesis or Das werden, a new form. An incorporation of both ideals into a new reinterpretation.

I felt a new strength. It was a feeling that made me feel more than whole. I AM STRONG!!

Spilt Truth

"You've come far" said the voice

The goat man appeared and looked down below to see a sea of corpses.

"The answer lies in there. Are you ready Matthew?

"...Yes" answered Matthew.

Matthew dove off the cliff and landed in the sea of corpses. The copses all converged on him and without any remorse he slaughtered all who drew near him. 3 here, 4 there. Matthew had gain the strength he had longed for. Matthew and Giga-man had become one.

Voice: Das Werden

I can only admire the profound choice of name of the movie- I had no clue so far that avatar means incarnation of a diety to counteract to the evil. No wonder that "Avatar" with its powerful conception of paradise on earth is such a world-wide success.

Man with Van