« Cars are my passion...cyberliteracy was sold out, hopefully this blog isn't to late...... | Main | Here's to Flickr »

My Late Start

Hi everyone, I’m sorry that this is so late. I joined the class late, and have had some technical difficulties.

My name is Scott Szesterniak. I am a full-time student majoring in Marketing and PR. This is my last semester of school, so I’m going to try and make the most out of it. Outside of school I find myself partaking in various sporting activities, and watching a fairly decent amount of TV. I’ve just recently started watching the show Heroes, which I give two thumbs up. Some “interesting? facts about me…..Hmmmm…. Well…My real name is Peter, but I’ve always gone by my middle name, Scott.

The first computer I used was the good ol’ Apple IIGS. I thought it was pretty cool at the time, but then again, so was wearing zooba pants. However, the first interaction I had with the internet was not with that particular computer, which by the way I had until my 8th grade year. I believe my first internet experience was in computer class my 7th grade year. This is where I learned the concept surfing the web, and how to follow the protocol needed to do it. It only took a few days before I was getting kicked out of class for being on sites that I shouldn’t have. While I knew what I did was wrong, I also knew something else; Our Apple IIGS at home couldn’t do that! After a year of telling my dad that our home computer was outdated, we went out and had a PC built for us. I distinctly remember loading AOL on it, so we could surf the web. Eventually, I started downloading MP3’s, and the use of yahoo! became a great search tool to aid me with my homework.

I currently use the internet as my primary source of information, and secondary source for entertainment. However, until reading the article, I was never familiar with the concept of WEB 2.0. I have been able to recognize that the internet has become much more interactive and user friendly in the past couple years. I look forward to the effects that the concept WEB 2.0 will continue to have on the internet.

Computer Brand Preference

Which Brand of computer do you trust and most prefer?

Dell
HP
Sony
Toshiba
Acer
Emachines
Compaq
Hewlett Packard