« Internet: Thanks for everything. | Main | Here is my post »

Squeezed in before the deadline...

I had this all typed up, and then went back a page and erased it all. Anyways, hi, my name is Matt Erickson, and I am a sophomore and art history major here at the U. This is not my first time blogging, although in previous blogging experiances I haven't had the need to punctuate properly (i used to blog using all lowercase, and only using commas and periods).

My first experiance with a computer was with the internet. In 1991 I played a game on a Packard Bell (I don't know the specs) which I learned tonight was called MadMaze, here is a link to a recreation of the game: http://pages.prodigy.net/rdbrownmsb/MadMaze2/. MadMaze was a game run using prodigy, and playing this game is one of my earliest memories. Since then I've played many other games over the internet, such as Diablo, Starcraft, Day of Defeat, World of Warcraft, CS: Source.

The Internet has seemed to have gotten more simple to use in the past few years (four of five?), but I never would have thought to label what the internet has become as Web 2.0. If Web 2.0 means that the internet is getting more and more simple, or user friendly, then I see it as a good thing. I use the internet for a variety of things. I read most of the news online; if anyone is looking for an interesting website for news I would suggest www.poe-news.com. Some other websties that I use are Amazon.com, Ebay.com, Wikipedia.com, imdb.com, and many others.

Internet Gaming

What do you think of internet gaming?

I don't game, it's a waste of time.
I don't game, but I wish I had time.
I game but not over the internet.
Internet gaming all the way!

Hi. I agree that the Internet is becoming more user-friendly. However, it's definately becoming overwhelming with all the advancements and improvements. It's difficult to keep up with all the new and cool things being put out there. I just recently signed up on Facebook and I'm still trying to figure out various tools within that program.

I remember the good old days of Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo II. It's too bad that college is not as easy as grade school, when you could play all weekend.

I agree that it is interesting that someone would label this transformation we have gone through as two different stages of the Internet. It will be interesting to see what we do in 15 years, after seeing what we did in the last 15.