« In with the new... | Main | Survey Fix »

You are now entering the blogosphere

Hello everyone, nice to meet you. My name is Travis Carr, I’m a third year student, full time, from Blaine, Minnesota (a suburb about 20 minutes north of campus)I’m majoring in English but a bigger passion of mine is music, which I’m completely in love with. I play drums in a band named daybreak. We played at the Whole in Coffman a year or two ago with band we’re good friends with; to my knowledge it was close to selling out and the biggest show they had had there, but I didn’t get that first hand so I’m not positive.

I remember my family got our first computer as a family gift one Christmas, and I was on it a fair amount. I don’t remember what service we used to connect to the internet, but I distinctly remember the (now depressing) fact that the only website I visited when we first got access to the internet was Hollywood.com, simply because a friend showed it to me and I didn’t know what else to do online. I suppose in the development of the net I would consider myself as coming along sometime during the tail end of the dot-com bubble. My family was never really on the forefront of technology.

Although I get confused in some of the specifics of what qualifies as Web 2.0 and what doesn’t, I think it has greatly changed user experiences online. I definitely feel when I look at sites online that things seem a little more personalized and focused on the user. When Napster just became popular I was using it all the time; it opened a lot of doors for me to hear bands that I just wouldn’t be able to hear on the radio. Someone (I’m having trouble finding the entry again) said before me that Web 2.0 seemed like a logical next step for the internet, and I agree. I’m sure it won’t be long until we see another new generation of web applications as technology continues to evolve and entrepreneurs continue to create them.

At any rate, I apologize if my blog is coming in late. I look forward to working with all of you this semester!

How is your Spring '07 session?  

How do your classes this semester compare with last semester?

Much Better
About the Same
Much Worse

Current Results