« Peeling the onion that is Net Neutrality | Main | The Ignorance of the Masses? »

The Real Truth of Net Neutrality

I think that net neutrality is something that is our given right to watch, see, whatever we want on the Internet. The content that is on the Internet should be available for whatever I want to see. I think that big corporations shouldn't be able to control what we see online. I think the content that I want to see should be available fast and should not be blocked for any reason. I pay for the Internet and the government or anyone else shouldn't be able to stop me from seeing whatever content that I want. From the article, "So the AT&T lobby came out swinging with a crude, fundamentalist libertarian argument - Government is bad, and don't mess with big business." (Orlowski, 1). I think that AOL standing up for neutrality is good and bad. My feeling is that then they can come in the way of bashing Google or another site.

The content that we see online needs to remain free, free from big corporations or the government telling us we can't see something or can't post something on the Net. I think in order for this to be an open forum for all, we have to all take a stand and tell big business that we don't want you to block us from what we want to see. Like I said earlier, I pay money to get on the Internet, I spend a lot every 2.5 years or so on a new laptop or desktop computer and I should be able to view whatever content I want to view on the net.

I agree with your argument on how expensive a computer is, but unfortunately these companies trying to take over the net are buying the same computers every 2.5 years, and they think they should be able to control everything. I think it is really too bad this is even an issue, and shows just how much money matters sometimes over ethics.

I absolutely agree with you when you say, "I think that net neutrality is something that is our given right to watch, see, whatever we want on the Internet."
I think we ought to start a revolution- and become internet hippies.
'Free love, Free Internet' will be our mantra.

It appears that you're also tired of big corporations bullying us 'little guys' when we're the ones that pay their salaries (i.e. purchasing laptops).

I am ready to take the stand with you. I'll meet you at Northrup Mall tomorrow at 3pm :)

Good post.

I totally agree that something needs to be done, and spreading the word like this is a good start, but what else can be done? Unfortunately, the big evil corporations have the money to let stuff like this happen, even if all of us little guys are opposing it with every fiber of our being. I can only hope most of the politicians out there see it our way.

I totally agree with you. I don't think that the government or any industry or company has the right to limit people's access to the Internet. It's such a free-flowing communication medium that it should be not restricted to the public that made it success in the first place. If people didn't use the Internet as much as they did and made it successful, the phone companies would not be fighting for it. I think that it shouldn't be limited or restricted to the general public.

I appreciated your feedback regarding net neutrality. I admit that I took a different perspective from the readings in regards to viewing neutrality. You define it more in the freedom of the user and being able to view what we pay for. I understood it in regards to corporate ownership and the rights of the resources behind the internet funtions. You perspective became a great addition to the way I view net neutrality.

Good posting!

I agree that net neutrality needs to stay as is. I definately believe that if you pay for something, you should have the fair rights to access anything you would like. Who are these big corporations to put limits on what we can and cannot use via the internet, when we've been able to access these sites from day one!?

I agree that net neutrality is our right to have access to whatever we would like to access via the interent. Internet users pay our monthy dues so that in turn we can have this right to access content we wish do access.

Control is a very powerful thing, that these huge corporations STRIVE for. I think they use "control" as a way to financially step forward in excelling a competitive advantage over other similar companies. But I think that they are doing it at the cost of customer satisfaction, which is going upset billions upon billions of internet users.

I agree that the internet content needs to be left free from big corporation take-over. It doesn't seem "right" that big corporations are going to decide what I can and cannot access while using the internet I pay for on a monthly basis.