« Twitter aggregators | Main | A Little Zen for Your Life... »

Workstreaming 101

Hi I'm Tracy and have to admit I am a bit confused with the workings of Facebook and Twitter. I did set up my accounts, but I am not sure how to connect them to our class. Also, I am not sure if you all have access to my accounts, or do I have to add you. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome Tracy,
I've spent most of today working on getting everything setup in facebook and twitter. They definitely could be more streamlined and your not alone in your confusion. Try clicking on the link to my profile and add me as friend. From there, you can follow many of the profile links i have on my main page. That should help you get on the right track at least.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1007690775

Here are some suggestions to help:

If you look at all of the "Where are you posts" we've all put in direct links to our Facebook and Twitter pages. If you click on one of the links they will take you to that site and probably ask you to log in (if you aren't already). On Facebook, right under the person's picture (if their profile just opens) there will be a link that says "add as a friend", if their profile doesn't open right up it will show a thumbnail of their photo and then the the right will say "add as friend" you can click on either of these and this will add the person so you can see their profile and they can see yours.

Note: Sometime it takes a little while for someone to show up as your friend because your request has to be approved first.

When you click on Twitter links it will make you log-in and the some where it will give you the option to "follow" the person. This is how you see their updates and they see yours.

I hope this helps!

Hello, Tracy. I just requested you to become my friend in facebook. Once you accept my request in Facebook, we'll be friends. I tried to start following you in twitter but kept on getting this message that it did not process. I'll try again . . . "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again." I love that quote!

Hello Tracy, at first I did not succeed at following you on twitter, then I tried, tried again and I succeeded! To follow me: log on to Twitter and under Stats on the right side of the page, click on Followers. Once you find me, click on Follow. Voila!

Also, I noticed that somehow my last comment got submitted twice; whoops me--I don't know what I did. Anyways, let me and anyone know if you have any questions. We're more than happy to help.