« Web 2.0 and resumes... | Main

Phew...Done!

Ok. It took me all day but I finished my usability testing. I cannot believe I could even miss this last madule. Not only am I a klutz, but I am also blind.
Anyway. I want to talk about all the applications we have learned this semester. Facebook has its place, but I did not find it useful for this project. Twitter would have been very capable if everyone was on it all the time. In the normal work world this would mean from 9-5pm or there abouts. It is a great app for hooking up with quick questions or just to let people know what you are doing. Thinkature...well, whatever.
The meat of this class has, of course, been the wiki, deli.cio.us, and Flickr. To build a real, information-filled wiki page deli.cio.us and Flickr are must-haves. This issue with Creative Commons is still a small thorn but very understandable. If I took a great picture or wrote an award winning article I guess I would want to keep it to myself, also.
Email...I am a big email person. I cannot live wihtout it. It connects me to everyone. I don;t have to find the right time of day to call someone, or the stamp to mail a letter, email is there all the time, day and night, 24 hours a day. That is a great medium for communication. I think it ranks right up there with the Moodle. I am always logged into email, but check the moodle only once a day (more the last week, though).
If I were to have to be a part of a project like the one we did I would definitely use Twitter, deli.cio.us, Flickr, and email. In my mind these are staples in working as an online group doing an online project.

Thank you, Krista. You have taught us alot this semester and I am sure I speak for everyone when I say it is very appreciated.