« Web 2.0 to replace workplace warfare? | Main | My internet biography »

Web 2.0 user-friendly?

My name is Brianne and I will be graduating this spring with a BS in Microbiology. I have been working as a pharmacy technician for the last five years and love my job. This is why after graduation I hope to go to Pharmacy school. In my free time I enjoy watching Wild hockey games and surfing the internet to plan my upcoming wedding.

After reading Connect!, I believe that I use a combination of busy work and burst work. I think that busy work would be more common in research since you have to go step by step until you can put together an end product. Burst work would apply to anything searched for in your free time.

When looking at the list of social software (Zelenka, 2008, p.15-16) I am only familiar with e-mail, instant messaging and test messaging. I use e-mail daily for work, school, and personal use. Instant messaging to me almost seems like a Web 1.0 software. It has been years since I used instant messaging, which has been replaced by text messaging to communicate with friends quickly. Hopefully this class will familiarize me with professional networking service, social networking sites, blogging, photo sharing, social bookmarking, microblogging, and wikis. It seems like everyone knows and uses these routinely, but I am stuck in Web 1.0. I have never heard of these before, but now that I know they are out there I would be happy to give them a try. I am more familiar with desktop software rather than the web application alternatives.

Since you've mentioned professional networking services, I wonder if other people would also like to cover this in class? Hm. Think I'll post a poll.

And congrats on your upcoming wedding!