Recently in Amusement Category

Monitors and displays

If anyone has an elegant solution to extending gnome panels over multiple monitors, please let me know!

I other news, if you have two monitors and stack them with the panel on the top of the bottommost monitor, you'll discover how gnome handles hiding panels. Set the panel to auto-hide and it'll just slide up to the bottom of the top monitor! That's not hiding my panel anymore, that's just making it really hard to control the screen layout.

More and more I find myself just using a whole pile of screen sessions and putting jobs in the background...this makes for quite a mess when I need to reboot.

Also, if you have one of those convenient USB hubs on your monitor, make sure that you know which one your keyboard and mouse are plugged into before you go shutting off monitors!

Another Concert

So I bought tickets to another concert. This time it's a lot closer and a lot larger: Celtic Woman at the Xcel Energy Center on March 24th (coincidentally, that's the same day as the Database Architecture midterm and the Theory and Methods in Religious Studies paper). As always, I have two tickets.

Concert

Today I went to see Old Blind Dogs in concert in Zumbrota, MN. All in all it was a very good show.

More about postfix tomorrow.

This page is an archive of recent entries in the Amusement category.

computers is the next category.