We have come a long way...or have we?
This ad says to me:
- Look at these women parading around as objects!
- Intelligent women = ugly, fat, unfashionable, non-pleasing
- Not much has changed
- Women journalist work in a special women's department -specializing in meal-planning suggestions, recipies, etc..,
- Women don't have stamina, perserverence, courage, a "fast-brain,"
- Women must be married to have children
- Women are always at your service
This ad makes me...
- frustrated at the willing actresses that participated in objectifying themselves
- disgusted with society
- glad I wasn't born then
- wonder where these video clips were shown
- ask myself what I would have said/done if I lived during those times
- wonder what the hell those woman are singing about in the end; I mean come on! They are packaged in a box like they are a toaster or something. Open a box and find a perfect mail-order house maid who knows what you want, isn't afraid to service...er...serve you just how you demand, and never inconveniences you by being late?