the end of a begining

it's unbelievable how much I've changed since I got here. I wonder how I would be three years from now...

Glimpse, Persian Classical and Contemporay Music Concert

rozaneh-illustrator-flayer-small.jpg

honar.us

Iran's House of Art | Harmony of Mystic Words

Iran's house of art's first official event was a gallery from the selected works of Master Sina Goudarzi (and I had the honor of playing tar there :) )

IMG_9070.JPG

IMG_8980.JPG

IMG_9247.JPG

IMG_9042.JPG

IMG_8900.JPG

IMG_8867.JPG

All photos by Trevre Andrews

ps. turned out my posts on this weblog are the first search results of my name on Google. so, i guess i can't write any personal things here anymore ;)

yellow bride

all I want is to sit alone, close my eyes, and listen to this. is it too much?

I'm gonno be in Esfahan again :)

the united states has the largest population of Iranians than any other country outside Iran. we don't even have an embassy in here ...

shame on me

I recently listened to a lecture by Dr. Soroush. he was talking about "rights" and "duties", saying that people in the old days were always taking actions based on their "duties" whereas nowadays we are always concerned about our "rights". we say: "it is my right to vote, it's my right to have" and so on... he said that "right" is a very important concept, and lots of developments in our society are it's "fruits" (as he described it), but using only the concept of "right", human beings will soon lose all their humility! just because something is their "right", they will think it's justified! he said "what we really need is a mixture of both: rights, and duties". "we should be ashamed of ourselves"!

-- it's 3:00 am in the morning, and I was waken up by the thunderstorm! I'm kind of scared, so I decided to turn my laptop on, listen to NPR, and do something to distract myself. don't know why I wrote something like this though. my aunt thinks I'm crazy or in love with someone ( "Majnoon" in Farsi is the adjective for the people who are in love. and it also means crazy :) - maybe she's right.

18

it's now exactly 18 months that I have been here. the funny thing is that I've just turned 19 today! well, maybe not funny, but I guess it worths thinking about what I have achieved, and what I have lost in these 18 months.

let's go back to 18 months ago. I can't forget all those people who have been crying in the airport. well, maybe some of them were acting(!), but some really did. no one has ever cried for me since I've come here - except myself! so, that's the first thing I've lost!

it really wasn't as bad as I thought though, it was passed so fast! I guess that was because I kept myself busy everyday during this 18 months! which was probably the wisest thing I ever did. aha! here's something I've achieved: learning how to keep myself busy all the time! well, that's a nice thing.

I think the hardest challenge for me was to live without my mum. now I am... I have been living without my mum for 10 months now! well, that may not be the best thing I have achieved...

what is really the best thing? what IS the best thing anyway?
is it having a good family? is it money? is it having good education? or is it non?

I really don't know! and I don't think anybody exactly knows... and that's the fun thing about life :)

-- it's my first time writing a weblog in English, so forgive me if there are funny mistakes ;)