Karen Kaler.jpg

"This college is so varied, which I really love. Anything the students do ends up being wonderful... so we're excited to participate because they're doing it."

-Karen Kaler, Wife of University of Minnesota President Dr. Eric Kaler

Phillip Kelly: University of Minnesota Undergrad Student

phillip kelly.jpg

"I'm not gonna lie, it's a blast! I love how they connect students to the Mississippi River because we walk over it every day, and we don't even think about it. The way that they brought together recreation and responsibility in nature I think is awesome. To bring it on a public stage with this race is just really cool."

-Phillip Kelly, University of Minnesota Undergrad Student

ji ji li.jpg

"The Gopher Adventure Race was as exciting as it could be. We had a lot of fun learning the campus and the University of Minnesota culture."

-Dr. Li Li Ji, University of Minnesota School of Kinesiology Director

Reed Steele: University of Minnesota Kinesiology Graduate Student

reed steele.jpg

"We had a blast competing in the race and it isn't about place or time, but the spirit of competition, being physically active, and the fun/joy that comes with various events. Events like these really highlight the true purpose of physical activity: finding the joy of being active and discovering an outlet to socialize with others. Thanks so much for putting on a great event and I will certainly be back next year to participate."

-Reed Steele, University of Minnesota Kinesiology Graduate Student

MINNESOTA DAILY: 3rd Campus Race Shows Off the University

MN Daily.jpg

Standing side-by-side in black and pink jackets that read "Team K," the wives of University President Eric Kaler and head football coach Jerry Kill said they were excited to participate in their first race. Read More...

vision2020.jpg

The entire race is planned, operated, promoted, supervised and organized by students in the Recreation, Park and Leisure Studies program. A race Board of Directors, comprised of seven students selected by former members and instructor recommendations, leads the event. Read More...

ABC5EyewitnessNews.jpg

Teams are getting ready to compete in the Gopher Adventure Race Friday night. The annual event features teams of two who travel throughout the campus to take on physical and mental challenges. The teams decipher clues along the way. Read More...

MINNESOTA DAILY: Students, Staff Gearing Up for Fall Race

Thumbnail image for MN Daily.jpgStudents who register for the third annual Gopher Adventure Race next fall could be competing alongside University President Eric Kaler and his wife, Karen. Read More...

Dr. Eric Kaler, University of Minnesota President

Eric Kaler.jpg

"The Gopher Adventure Race is a fun and meaningful event. We'll start training (for next year)!" 

-Dr. Eric Kaler, University of Minnesota President

Ness Maderios.jpg

"What a rush!!! I've raced in triathlons and running events all over the US and also in several other countries and the Gopher Adventure Race rivaled the very best in organization, especially for such a new event. I was so impressed with all the race volunteers and with the creativity of the race events. That was the most fun I've had since...well, since last year's Gopher Adventure Race! I look forward to participating again in 2012!"

-Ness Madeiros, University of Minnesota Kinesiology Graduate Student