Finished

Well... everything is completed and finished. Feels good to turn in such a beast of a project. I would like to implement the proposal one day. I enjoyed hearing the topics that everyone worked on. Definitely learned a lot about research writing, which is good because I'll most likely do a lot more of it in the future. Enjoyed the class and semester. Looking forward to getting my paper back.

Research proposal

I thought one of the harder things to do so far was to put information from my research proposal onto power point slides. It seemed like there was so much information to fit in, and that there won't be enough time to cover it all. I hope all goes well!

Progress

I am finally feeling like I am making ground on this project, just in time for the due date! I am feeling the same frustrations mentioned by other people in terms of constantly making changes to what I have on paper. I am to the point where I need to just accept it the way it is and hopefully it will sound okay in the end. Good luck to everyone and I look forward to hearing the rest of the presentations!

About Done

Putting the final touches on the paper. It's enjoyable to see it come together but I feel like I read over my paper constantly and change something every time. Kind of hard to know when to stop doing that but I feel good with what I have and just need to clean it up a little bit and I should be good to go. It makes me want to implement it to see how well it works and if I get the results I think I will.
The progress I made over the weekend, was finally getting everything down on paper and also realizing that a lot of the things that I didn't have a clue about before are now starting to make some sense to me. I don't feel quite as lost as I did in the beginning, which is a relief considering it's the end of the semester. Now that I have everything on paper, I'm currently going back and making my revisions on citations, wording and a few other things. I didn't think this process would be too bad, and it's not really I guess, it's just taking longer than I expected. I thought I had everything figured out for my coding process, but looking at the slides from class has caused some more confusion. Dr. Kihl has been a lot of help as well as the writing center on campus. I'm sure no matter what I hand in it's still going to need a lot of improvements, but it's a heck of a lot better than what I ever thought I was capable of which makes me happy.

Turning in what I got

I recently talked to my advisor and found out she was recently approved for another grant, which is amazing and exciting. The bad new for me is that my project will more than likely change direction. Everything is due this week and it would not be wise for me to change my whole project, because there is not anywhere near a good amount of time to produce a valid, sound project. So, besides that I am making my final adjustments to both my paper and my project. I am going to the writing center tomorrow so they can double check my APA and any significant flaws I may have missed. I was really impressed by everyone last week and feel more motivated to step up my own standards as well. I am sure there will be missing pieces in my presentation because it will cut short and going through 10 slides is kind of difficult but I am just going to focus on major points and leave the detail for the question portion, if I have time for questions, yikes! Since this will probably be my last blog, unless otherwise noted by Dr.Kihl and Dr. Pettit, I just want to say thank you for all your advise and input and good luck to all of you!

Presentation

I agree that after listening to other's presentations, I feel more prepared to do my own. The part of my research proposal and presentation that I have been most worried about is the sampling and data analysis in my methods. It was nice to see that is only a small portion of the overall piece. I think I need to remember that the review of literature and procedures are really the most important...and connecting them to my research problem and research question. Everyone really did a good job last night. It was nice to see how each person has a deeper knowledge of their topic and was able to casually talk about it, especially while they were being asked questions.

Presentations

I enjoyed listening to everyone's presentations tonight. I thought it was interesting to hear the broad range of topics being covered and to see where everyone is at in their progress. It was also very helpful as far as determining what areas I need to do more work on. Unfortunately I feel like my paper needs a lot of work, but I am hoping to make some progress in the next few days!

Getting Close

I am pretty confident that I have all the information that I need (always could be more but I cut myself off!) down on paper and am now revising and double checking it all. I made an outline of all of the sections and subsections that my paper needed and then went into my paper and labeled all of the sections to make sure that I have everything included. My stats section is a little shaky but otherwise I am feeling good about my progress. I am looking forward to the presentations to hear about everyone's interests.

Progress yet again

Well if anyone has noticed, I've posted three times now today alone. And I've been through a roller coaster of emotions it seems. I am doing an action research study on the failing small businesses and as part of my proposal I'm supposed to include research context. I'm using my work experience at multiple franchise locations for my research context. When I had originally wrote all my context information I was still pretty confused about my paper as a whole and understanding research and exactly where I was going with my plan. So when I came back to it tonight to read through it and make sure it was connecting with the rest of the progress I made, I found that for the most party it needed to be completely redone. So that added to my frustration from my last post, but now that I have finished it I feel like it flows will with my paper so far and that there will only need to be a few minor changes made. Once thing that is crossing my mind is that I've got several areas left to tackle and my paper is already at 21 pages. I'm wondering if I'll have to cut portions out at the end or if going over 25 pages will be okay?