Day 4 Presentations

I personally felt that today's presentations were some of the best we have seen thus far. In particular, I thoroughly enjoyed the presentation on the Pittsburgh Pirates. Like many people have already said, many of us are choosing organizations that are currently effective. I think that the Pirates are a great example of an organization which we as students can look at and watch to learn how to improve the effectiveness of an organization. Like the presentation detailed, I also agree that the Pirates must committ to consistency throughout their organization in order to become successful once again. Whether it is consistency in management strategies, player selection, or leadership, some level of consistency and dedication must be obtained in order to reduce the amount of conflict and change within the Pirates organization. Although conflict and change can be good, the types of conflict and change the Pirates have experienced in the past have proven to be detrimental to their overall effectiveness.