« I'm broke... | Main | Goin' with the flow »

Why I want to do what I want to do

So I guess I would be the thing. My framework is that I am 24 years old cake.jpg
and live on my own in an apartment in Minneapolis. apartment.jpg
The university of Minnesota Weisman-University_of_Minnesota-2006-09-04.jpg
is located in Minneapolis and is an institution.
Periodically yet invariantly scheduled, like clockwork, I change my position from my couch couch.jpg
to the campus. u.jpg
Then after my class I return to the couch. It will be a phenomenon when this cycle reaches it's complex conclusion of my graduation. graduate-1.jpg

Then I will perceive myself as an architect and sense a feeling of accomplishment I have not yet known. That's completely simplified and probably the obvious answer, but that's how I relate the system of frameworks and clockworks to my own life.

So how does the built environment affect me? The same way it does everyone. Our base human needs are food, water, and shelter. The areas I'm lucky enough to live in have been designed to make that life as comfortable as possible. My goal in life is to work in the field of architecture to provide that comfort to those who wouldn't otherwise have it. However, I see in this pursuit of comfort and luxury far too many people who are sacrificing our only true source for life, the Earth. The reason I want to work in architecture is because I know we can't live without it, but we are living irresponsibly within it by wasting resources and polluting our planet. I want to help develop sustainable and healthy ways to provide the citizens of this world with comfort and protection, as well as a sense of pride in their surroundings. We can't escape our surroundings, so it is highly psychologically important that they be pleasurable. That's why I want to do what I want to do with my life. Because of the importance of the built environment.