« Two dead in mobile home fire | Main | Iraqi children and American soldiers die in roadside bomb in Iraq »

Chester Taylor bring Vikings to a win

According to the Star Tribune, Adrian Peterson stood on the sidelines in a sweat suit and watched Chester Taylor impressively lead the Minnesota Vikings in a 22-29 victory over former Vikings player Daunte Culpepper and the Oakland Raiders.

Peterson was restricted to play in Sunday's game due to a knee injury from last week's game against the Packers. Taylor did his best to match Peterson's performance with 22 rushes for 164 yards.

"I ain't the one to start no controversy," Taylor said. "I knew I could do what I did in the game. I'm going to play hard no matter what, and if I get the opportunity I'm going to take advantage of it."

Matt Birk, another teammate, said Chester has been overshadowed this year with Adrian Peterson and that he'd take him on his team anytime. "He runs hard. He fights for every last yard he can get."

According to the Pioneer Press, Taylor had three touchdowns and 202 total yards and the Vikings turned the ball over four times during the first half of the game.

Taylor, smaller than Peterson, played just like him until Peterson fell to the Vikings on the draft board last spring.

He touched the ball eight times in the first quarter and picked up five first downs. He also scored his second touchdown on a 38-yard scamper to make it 19-13 Minnesota midway through the second quarter.

The Vikings revived themselves in Sunday's game after an embarrassing loss to longtime rival Brett Favre and the Green Bay Packers.