« Who're you gonna call??! | Main | At least I'm doing better than NWA »

Wonderful things to hear from students

One thing you all haven't seen yet is the feedback we receive from students about our consulting practice though our online surveys. It's heartening to me to hear the voices of these students, who often express appreciation for what we do in wonderful, smart ways. Thanks to Katie for sharing this lovely comment from a recent student (and huge thanks to Emily H, who received this comment and gave me permission to share with you all):

"My consultant was very helpful in all respects she even helped me expand ideas I had about my topic and was very helpful in giving me great direction without writing or giving me anything. She helped expand my ideas through asking interesting questions."

I was struck by how much this comment resonated with our discussions of Brooks, North, and Harris. Doesn't it express the ideal of Socratic questioning and minimalist tutoring? I recognize, as we discussed, that such methods don't always work, but when they do... geez, how cool.

Yeah I was wondering if we were ever going to get the chance to see the email feedback...I thought I remembered you saying that it was similar to the blogs or c4w session comments in that it's open to everyone...?

Good question, Maggie. The survey results are not visible to everyone (to protect student anonymity), but Katie puts together the compiled #s and comments for each consultant several times a semester to give you some feedback on your tutoring. I definitely think we should do it for our Oct 5th meeting.

I have seen Emily H "in action" in appleby and she really does have this great way of connecting with her tutees in a sort of motherly, teacherly/friendly sort of way. Great job Emily H. (dont know if she reads the blog)

I would like to express thanks to the writer for rescuing me from such a dilemma. As a result of searching throughout the world-wide-web and obtaining things that were not beneficial, I was thinking my entire life was over. Existing without the strategies to the difficulties you have solved all through your main guideline is a serious case, as well as the ones which could have badly damaged my career if I had not come across your web blog. The competence and kindness in playing with all the stuff was helpful. I'm not sure what I would've done if I hadn't come across such a solution like this. It's possible to at this time relish my future. Thanks for your time very much for this skilled and sensible guide. I won't think twice to propose the blog to anybody who should get counselling on this topic.

Jezeli szukasz ddobrego mechanika, badz tez chcesz zalozyc sobie klimatyzacje w samochodzie to dobrze trafiles !!! Nasza firma to najlepsze auto usugi we Wroclawiu. Serdecznie Zapraszamy do skorzystania z naszej oferty !!!

I’m impressed, I have to say. Actually not often do I encounter a blog that’s each educative and entertaining, and let me let you know, you've hit the nail on the head. Your concept is outstanding; the problem is something that not enough individuals are speaking intelligently about. I am very glad that I stumbled across this in my seek for something relating to this.