« Thoughts on "Experts" | Main | Syllabus Changes: Take Note, Bloggers! »

C4W Pet Peeves

A couple of things that are bugging me:
1. People are forgetting to log out of their email, facebook, blogs, etc when they leave a computer. I'm going to start changing your settings. If your facebook status says "is... a buttface," you'll know you forgot to log out.

2. Remember that your comments after a visit are public-- the student could request to see these. I've read a few comments that I would be embarrassed to have the student read. If you get frustrated with a student during a session (I know I do!), it might be helpful to wait until you have some emotional distance from the session before writing your comments.

3. Our blog is sadly neglected. What am I supposed to do while I sit all alone in Appleby on a rainy day?

Your first peeve gets me thinking about the web and privacy. I too am blown away by how many people (consultants, students in the lab) don't log out of personal stuff or just leave copies of their papers on the desktop. Am I just a 20c privacy nut that I don't want random strangers reading my words or looking into my accounts?

while we're at it, the rain sucks!

Yes yes, I've also experienced the "whoa-who-are-these-people-on-my-email-oh-it's-not-my-account" err. I usually just log out, but you're giving me ideas *_^

and at least it's semi-warm...wet, windy, but semi-warm...

We must rally the blog once again. I'll do my best; it's a good thing I don't have a girlfriend to "keep me busy at night."

Commenting is a bit of a tricky genre, I think, especially when one is first learning what Center comments are trying to do. I'd encourage folks who may feel confused about it to talk to each other, to me, and to look through the handbook. Expressing frustration or other affect could be done on this blog or on the main SWS one. We do want to hear those stories!

I have not checked in here for a while as I thought it was getting boring, but the last few posts are good quality so I guess I will add you back to my everyday bloglist. You deserve it my friend :)