« Outdoor Smoking Ban | Main | Abortion Restrictions »

Single Women

The Star Tribune did an article based on census and other reports showing that there is a trend in women preferring to stay single. I applaud the author of the article, "For single women, Right Now trumps Mr. Right," for addressing the fact that interpretation of census numbers may be a bit slanted (51% of women are living without spouses but they started the counting at age 15--while most girls are still living at home.) But the article didn't go into much depth as to why women aren't settling. There was a lot mentioned about unmarried womens' influence on real estate but I think it would be more appropriate to look at their educational, religious, financial backgrounds. It just briefly mentioned the numbers of specific racial groups of married women but didn't dig deeper and analyze the differences in these numbers and why these differences may exist between the races.

Hey I think this is a great post I will definetely keep up reading your works, well done. It is very important to have quality contents in the web, we can use them as a reliable source for our projects.