IOWA EGG STORY:
Eight sources were referenced in the New York Times' version of the Iowa Egg Story.
* Austin "Jack" DeCoster, owner
* CEO of Hillandale Farms, Orland Bethel
* Sarah Lewis, 30, of Freedom, Calif.,
* Carol Loboto, 77,of Littleton, Colo
* Rep. Bart Stupak, D-Mich.,
* Peter, the company's CEO
* Rep. Henry Waxman, D-Calif.
* Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
They are scattered about the entire article, but the individuals who were emphasized were obviously the owners were attributed more.
The information is from both people and records done by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
The reporter mainly started the quote and broke it up into two portions. He would introduce the quote, state who said it, then put the second portion of the quote. It is effective because it gets the readers attention then fully finishes the quotes. It reminds me of the lead then detailed paragraphs (inverted pyramid). It is not confusing.