Career High for Kiara Buford

Kiara Buford, a junior guard on the women's basketball team, was named Gophers go-to player on Thursday.

A career-high 27 points for Buford helped beat Virginia Tech 63-58 at Williams Arena in the AAC/Big Ten Challenge. With Buford's most crucial points at 14.3 seconds left reported The Star Tribune.

"I got a little excited in the beginning because I felt I was open," said Buford. "When we move the ball around and, if I keep my dribble, then I can find seams."

As the Hokies opened the second half with a 5-0 run, Buford and China Antoine hit back-to-back threes for a 36-31 advantage reported The Pioneer Press.

The Gophers (5-3) will play against third-ranked Baylor for Sunday's Big Ten/Big XII Challenge game.

This page contains a single entry by klein658 published on December 4, 2010 3:49 PM.

$30 million awarded in Delaware for Priest Abuse was the previous entry in this blog.

WikiLeaks founder, Julian Assange waiting for International Arrest Warrant is the next entry in this blog.