« Beer truck driver arrested for suspicion of driving drunk | Main | Former police officer charged »

Analysis of diversity

I will analyze the following story regarding diversity:

Sudan and rebels trade accusation over violence

This article was found on Yahoo! News and discusses Sudanese and rebel forces. In particular, the article focuses on accusations that occurred Sunday about initiating a new wave of fighting in the ravaged Darfur region just days after the government had offered a cease-fire.

I do not know anything about the Sudanese people so I cannot really pinpoint if the reporter was being stereotypical or not.

By reading this story, I was able to learn something new that I did not previously know. I learned that there was a conflict that broke out in 2003 when mainly ethnic African rebels took up arms against the government, accusing it of discrimination and neglect. The story later concludes that five years later, 300,000 people are dead and the conflict has widened into inter-tribal violence and has brought in an international peacekeeping force.

It was really interesting to read about a culture ethnically and culturally diverse than my own.