Total Eclipse of the Heart (Literal Video Version)

One of the funniest things I've ever seen.

My new fish, Darwin

A few years ago, I joked that I thought it would be funny to get a giant stuffed marlin to hang above my bed. I had this idea in my head that I'd be able to judge a potential suitor's character based on his reaction to the fish. Flash forward a few years....it turns out PJ thought it would make for a good joke too. Only in his version he showed up at my door with a seven foot sailfish. It seems that while he was on a recent road trip, his friend Joel was emailing him craigslist ads for fish along the way. PJ ended up finding one in Chicago, the former resident of a now closed Bucktown bar called Darwin's. His name--Darwin Finnegan Fish.

I had planned to hang him in the bedroom, but since the only place he'd fit put his beak right at the level of my recently la$ered eyes, I decided he'd be safer in the living room over the TV. A mount, a screw, a tool (jokes were made) and a stud finder (I resisted) later, he's all moved in. Pretty handsome, no?

Darwin

Darwin's official fish story: PJ and I caught him while ice fishing on Lake Michigan.

Fish Story

PJ and I should probably get engaged so that I can send this photo out in next year's Christmas cards.

Until then, watch your inboxes for an invite to the Fish Warming Party.

Robitussin and Porn

Holly Golightly & the Brokeoffs
7th Street Entry, Minneapolis
w/ Delaney Davidson

Holly and Lawyer Dave filled the evening with songs (thematically ranging from domestic violence, to escalators, J├Ągermeister, suicide, pornography, and back to domestic violence) nearly all of which are hated by the people of Salt Lake City.

Most songs were also introduced with an amusing anecdote:
LD: "This song is about when I broke Holly's arm with my horse."
HG: "But it wasn't a real horse. It was a one of those sticks with a head on it. So it could have been a lot worse."

Delaney Davidson, who was one of the better opening acts I've seen in a long time, managed to get quite a few audience members waltzing during the show. PJ bought his CD and I plan to make him lend it to me.

Photo by Jon Behm

An Early Xmas Greeting from Olive and Mr. Jones

Twitter

Flickr

www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from wilhelmina_wonka. Make your own badge here.