An Early Xmas Greeting from Olive and Mr. Jones

Posted by me at 8:53 AM

Baby's First Roadside Attraction

Baby's first roadside attraction

Posted by me at 1:41 AM

New Kitten!!!!

kitten1.jpg

kitten2.jpg

kitten3.jpg

kitten4.jpg

Technically, not mine until Saturday. But isn't she adorable? I haven't picked out a name for her yet, I figure I should meet her first. I'm thinking that I might like to name her after a character in a Bob Dylan song, like I did with Mr. Jones (Ballad of a Thin Man.) Her tech specs: Female, Cornish Rex, granite blue.

Hopefully Mr. Jones won't eat her.

Posted by me at 4:50 PM

She was the sweetest kitty in the world

Rest in Peace, Bailey

Bailey "Bailwheezybub" Kitty
1998-2008

Posted by me at 1:25 PM

Swamp Juice

Bailey is now on her last course of "stuff." She doesn't seem to mind it so much, although this last concoction is pretty scary looking. Her vet said his other clients have referred to it as "swamp juice" and I can't argue with that. She doesn't seem better or worse for the four bottles of "stuff" I've forced her to take twice a day for the last three months. The vet seems to think this is the one that's going to do the trick. I guess her levels are almost there. He also suggested that the next time I come in I should bring a bag of air and some house dust and kitty litter with me and he would desensitize any allergies she might have with acupuncture.

Now, I do believe I swore I would never get my cat acupuncture. What to do? Hopefully the swamp juice will do it's magic in the next two weeks and I will not have to address this issue at all. Eventually I suppose I have stop, and acupuncture seems like a good place to do just that. Still, I have been known to be wrong in the past. Like when I said I would never wear 3/4 length sleeves. Who was I kidding? Three-quarter length sleeves are the best! Never say never?

Posted by me at 8:54 PM

My Cat's URI vs. Mother Earth

Last Saturday I took my cat Bailey (who has over the last year or so gone from 'meezer to wheezer, hacking and blowing snot floor to ceiling 24/7) to see a new vet. Her previous vet wasn't having much luck with her chronic URI and told me that my options were a very expensive cat scan (no pun intended) or drilling a hole in her skull to drain her sinuses. I am unwilling to do either, so my friend suggested I try her vet who mixes Western medicine with alternative medicine. So, Bailey now has a bottle of kelp and herbs and stuff that she'll be taking twice daily to correct a yeast problem she has in her intestinal track. Apparently this yeast is causing her respiratory problems. We'll see. I'm not usually so earthy crunchy, but I figure that kelp has to be better for her than a hole in the head. And nutritional healing doesn't seem like such a crazy idea. She's definitely not going to a psychiatrist or acupuncturist though. If this new vet fixes her, maybe I'll have to get a referral to a people doctor to cure my allergies?

Posted by me at 1:35 PM