« "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" | Main | "Eternity begins in 45 minutes." »

"This is the puppet hospital and burns center. It's relatively new."

Ah, it's good to be back on schedule with this blog. After all, you need as much advance notice as possible to consider the myriad DVD options available to you so having it late isn't much fun...or is it? Of course if I don't stop blathering on, the blog will go out late again so here we go with this week's DVDs:

Beavis & Butt-head, Vol. 1 - The Mike Judge Collection A best-of for the casual fans since the hard core ones are not going to be happy without full season boxes. I've gotta wonder if there are music/TV licensing issues with this show which might keep all of them off DVD.

Burn! (1969)

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005) This one's available as a single disc or special edition 2 disc set.

Christmas with the Kranks I just know you've all been waiting since last year to own this "classic." Best quote from the IMDB boards: "This movie is evil."

The Devil's Rejects (2005) This Rob Zombie epic is available in both rated and unrated versions...

Edward Scissorhands: Anniversary Edition It's Wonka tie-in time! This DVD is the same one as before, just re-packaged and available in a "collectible" tin.

Jumanji Deluxe Edition I guess just about anything gets a special edition DVD if you wait long enough...except for Hamlet!

La Dolce Vita Some of you may be thinking, "didn't this come out earlier?" You'd be right...as a 2 disc set. Well, 2 wasn't enough so now we have a 3 DVD set with the same film transfer and extras as before, but with an extra bonus DVD. Brings a tear to me eye...

Lady Sings The Blues: Special Collector's Edition Diana Ross portraying Billie Holiday? Sure, why not...

Margaret Cho: Assassin

The Missouri Breaks (1976)

Mystery Science Theater 3000 Collection: Volume 8 This collection includes: Monster a-Go Go, Hobgoblins, The Phantom Planet, and The Dead Talk Back.

The Partridge Family: The Complete Second Season

Remington Steele: Season Two

The Twilight Zone: The Definitive Edition - Season Four

Ugetsu (1953, Criterion)