« BG Podcast | Main | "Questions are a burden to others. Answers are prison for oneself." »

"My grandmother lives in a condominium."

Before we start, we recorded another non-Trek podcast last week where we tackled the Battlestar Galactica series finale. Check it out here.

And now here's something we hope you'll really like!

This week's release list:

Black Adder Remastered: The Ultimate Edition One of two BBC classic sitcom re-dos.

Fawlty Towers: The Complete Collection Remastered This is the other...the new set does have some bonuses and A/V quality improvements..

The L Word: Season 6

Monsoon Wedding (2001, Criterion version) Also on BD.

Numb3rs: Season 5

Peanuts: 1970's Collection, Vol. 1

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009) Also on BD. I know this one's an easy target, but here's a quote from Roger Ebert's review: "The human actors are in a witless sitcom part of the time, and lot of the rest of their time is spent running in slo-mo away from explosions, although--hello!--you can't outrun an explosion. They also make speeches like this one by John Turturro: 'Oh, no! The machine is buried in the pyramid! If they turn it on, it will destroy the sun! Not on my watch!' The humans, including lots of U.S. troops, shoot at the Transformers a lot, although never in the history of science fiction has an alien been harmed by gunfire." Yeah... It makes Waterworld, coming out on BD this week, seem pretty good.