« "My grandmother lives in a condominium." | Main | TOS Rewind #34: "Catspaw" »

"Questions are a burden to others. Answers are prison for oneself."

We continue to work our way through the newest Ken Burns docu on BD. Same interesting content and gorgeous images. As I mentioned on FB, we watched The Freshman recently and really enjoyed it. It's slightly dated, but it held up pretty well. It's certainly worth watching for Brando's performance alone, probably the last good thing he did. The DVD we watched was so-so in picture quality, but it's a very old transfer and quite frankly doesn't detract from a film like this. Zero bonuses, save for a trailer. If you're inclined towards this film at all, it's certainly worth a rental revisit.

OK, on to this week's list of new stuff:

Angel and the Badman (2009)

The Barbara Stanwyck Show: Vol. 1 (1960) Hmm, Barbara Stanwyck had a TV show...who knew?

Battlestar Galactica: The Plan (2009) From what I can tell, this is an add-on extended episode that expands the events from the first season. Also on BD.

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009) Also on BD. "High jinks and hilarity ensue in this fun family adventure that's packed with celebrity voices." Oh goody...

Il Divo (2008) Also on BD.

Monty Python: Almost the Truth (2009) Also on BD. This is the documentary series that ran on IFC.

The Prisoner: The Complete Series Megaset Released to coincide with the remake mini-series, I assume. I hear that there are new bonuses and improved picture/sound. Here's a review of the new set by DVD Savant can be found here. It looks good, but not enough to make me trade up. Also on BD.

Stan Helsing (2009) Also on BD.

Tales from the Darkside: Season 2

Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure (2009) Also on BD.

Whatever Works (2009) Yes, Woody Allen on BD...scary.