Email Survey

Screen shot 2012-10-13 at 4.02.34 PM.png I'm a sucker for coupons/contests/discounts. I originally got a Twitter account because I realized that my favorite concert venues and radio stations frequently gave away tickets through Twitter and didn't want to miss my chance. I've won at least one t shirt and a few different coupons/gift certificates through my like 4 months of activity on Twitter already. I love it. I also "Like" tons of restaurants' pages on Facebook in case they give you a coupon or something for doing it. I guess it was just a few months ago when I finally figured I'll never win if I don't enter so might as well enter everything.

Anyways, this wasn't a contest but I signed up for the Famous Footwear email list because it's fall, quickly becoming winter, and I'm thinking about getting a new pair of boots; however, obviously not eager to pay full price. Famous Footwear had a deal going on where they'd give you a $5 coupon for signing up, so I did! I think that was about a week ago and just a few minutes ago I received this email asking me to take a survey- a perfect opportunity to make an entry to this blog.
Screen shot 2012-10-13 at 4.09.55 PM.png It was a super quick and simple survey. Just three questions - who I normally buy for, whether I tend to buy for trends or sales and what shoes I'm most interested in. These were all very closed-ended questions to produce an easy profile of me for the company. Once I hit "submit" I came to this page: Screen shot 2012-10-13 at 4.10.32 PM.png so I know that part of what they were doing with this survey is finding out how to target me better through emails. I could see this as sort-of a service to me, so I don't have to deal with a thousand emails about men's dress shoes or children's hiking boots, and good for Famous Footwear because then they're likely to have a higher click-through rate on the emails they send out to me. A quick and easy review of a consumer email survey!