« Grandfather Arrested in Kidnapping Case | Main | Kidnapped Boy Found Alive »

KFAN Broadcaster Arrested for Drug Possession

KFAN Sports Radio broadcaster Jeff Dubay was arrested Wednesday, KMSP, WCCO and the Star Tribune all reported; the details of the arrest were accounted for in varying degrees within the three reports.

WCCO reported that the co-host of the KFAN “PA and Dubay? show was arrested on felony possession of methamphetamine.

The Star Tribune article said that police have not provided any details about what drug might be involved- only that Dubay was suspected of “fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance.?

The Star Tribune and WCCO reported that Dubay also covers Minnesota Gopher Hockey for Fox Sports Net.

KMSP, the local Fox News station published a 49-word story on the arrest, only stating that Dubay was arrested for felony possession of a controlled substance and “released with charges.?

Dubay has not been on KFAN or FSN North since Wednesday, the Star Tribune reported.

The radio talk show host took a leave of absence from KFAN over the summer for personal reasons, according to WCCO.

"I can't believe it. I've listened to PA and Dubay for 10 years since they been on the radio and I can't believe that he would do anything like that," said KFAN listener Larry Miller to WCCO-TV.