PB Banana & Mojito Cookies!

I decided that I would take two paths on this assignment: a more traditional path where I knew the ingredients would work well, and work well in a cookie as far as taste, and a less traditional method with a more unconventional taste.

Cookie One: Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana cookies. I started with a peanut butter cookie base: peanut butter, flour, brown sugar, egg, etc. I decided to leave the milk out because when I mashed up the bananas with my hands (four of them), they almost became liquified. Even leaving the milk out there was too much liquid in the dough, so I had to add an extra cup and a half of flour!

I rolled the dough into balls thinking that since they were so moist, they would flatten out when I baked them. After baking for about 7 minutes, I checked the cookies and they were not flattening like I had hoped, so I pressed each cookie with a fork. Some of them didn't flatten like I was thinking they would, because they were so hot. Next time, I would press them before baking them at all!

I continued to bake them for about another 2 to 3 minutes, let them cool, and added the frosting.

photo-10.jpg

photo-16.jpg

photo-15.jpg

photo-13.jpg

photo-6.jpg

The "frosting" on these cookies is a mixture of Nutella and peanut butter (where the chocolate comes into play).

Cookie Two: Mojito cookies

For the mojito cookies, I chose to use a simple sugar cookie base recipe. Flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and egg were used, as well as mojito flavored drink mix and lime juice. The cookies came out looking just like sugar cookies; but definitely not tasting the same! They have a sort of zing to them. For the frosting, I used a simple vanilla frosting and mixed in the mojito flavoring as well as more lime juice. The garnish on the top is a mint leaf, to carry on the theme of the mojito.

I decided to not substitute any ingredients, but to just add ingredients to the recipe, and it ended up working pretty well!

photo-12.jpg

photo-4.jpg

photo-17.jpg

photo-5.jpg

Overall, I was very surprised by this assignment. I was expecting to have an extremely difficult time, and as it was definitely not an easy task, I didn't end up totally butchering either recipe! (Or burning any cookies ;)).

You had an interesting approach with creating two totally different recipes. I like that one was more traditional in flavor, but complicated, and the other was a more simple recipe but exotic flavoring.

You documented your process pretty well throughout, including pictures. I like that you included feedback loops and improvements for the next possible iteration, such as flattening out cookie one before baking. The only thing I would suggest is giving more information about brainstorming for the project and coming up with ideas for your cookies.

You have a good use of images, however they seem a little squished, so make sure you check that the dimensions don't get wonky next time. I had a problem with this site trying to automatically format my blog (a dropdown menu above the text editor), so try playing with that.

These look delicious! You did a great job with making them and documenting your thought process. I really like the way you took two different routes in making very different types of cookies. You also did a good job of documenting with images. All the images looked proportional to me.

I like how you managed to solve your banana roundness problem and I think it ended up with a cool texture. I think that may have even improved them.

Overall, I think it would have been nice to see more of a clear recipe and perhaps a bit more experimentation, such as splitting up batches with different flavors.

Overall, well done.

I like when you tried two ways of tastes, traditional and less traditional. It seems like a traditional way of cookies helped you to make less traditional cookies, using a base recipe for the dough and later adding things that you though was creative. Nice try!!

I think recording a mistakes is a really important thing of this assignment, and you actually went through that process and came up with a new way of improving the process of making a good dough when you decided not to add milk and pressing cookies with a folk. Great idea!! I never thought of adding Mojito in cookies. Nice try!! Your document with photos is very easy to follow. It might make your cookies more creative taste and idea when you add one more substitute that you decided not to. Overall, I think your cookies seem so yummy. Nice effort.

I think recording a mistakes is a really important thing of this assignment, and you actually went through that process and came up with a new way of improving the process of making a good dough when you decided not to add milk and pressing cookies with a folk. Great idea!! I never thought of adding Mojito in cookies. Nice try!! Your document with photos is very easy to follow. It might make your cookies more creative taste and idea when you add one more substitute that you decided not to. Overall, I think that your cookies seem so yummy. Nice effort.