1st trip to Underwater Aquarium

rainforestcafe.JPG
Brendan eating chicken and pizza with us..

Dog days have hit the lake; it's all green, and making matters worse the geese have taken over the back yard for the past few weeks. Thus we decided it might be a good idea to hit up the Underwater Aquarium at the Mall of America.

rainforestcafeoutside.JPG

Okay, a little blurry at the Rainforest Cafe. Brendan had some fun eating fruit shakes, chicken and pizza...and also enjoyed the water geysers and thunderstorms going off throughout. It made for a refreshing experience.

underwaterworld.jpg

We ended up getting to the Underwater World a bit late, but this combined with it being a week night resulted in us basically being alone through the whole thing. We could hear little else besides the water running through the falls. Pictures are strange sizes because I cropped out the flashes from taking a picture through the glass. Not sure why we didn't bust out the cameras earlier as we passed the sharks, sea turtles, etc, but I suppose we'll be back not before long. Anyway, here's an Eel I think...

yelloweel.JPG

A bunch of sea horses. They were dragging each other around by the neck at times.

seahorses.JPG

I thought the colors were neat, plus these turned out well for whatever reason..

fluorescentfish.JPG

fishsetup.JPG

Oh, and a jelly fish.

jellyfish.JPG